Yamhill Community Action Partnership
RESPONSIBLE TO: Executive Director
SALARY: $78,000 – $82,000 plus benefits
LOCATION: McMinnville, OR / Newberg, OR offices
WORK ENVIRONMENT: On-site, full-time/exempt
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Yamhill Community Action Partnership (YCAP) was founded in 1980 as part of a nationwide network of social service agencies designed to help improve the lives of low-income people and strengthen communities. We assist the residents of Yamhill County, diligently focusing on four primary service categories: Housing Stabilization, Energy Services, the regional Food Bank, and Youth Services.
YCAP offers a variety of youth outreach programs including:
· Safe Shelter: Supports youth 11-17 who are at risk of or are currently kicked out, runaway, or homeless. Youth are provided prevention services including case management to identify a plan for safe stable living, mental health services, and professional family mediation to resolve conflicts. Youth can also access state licensed Host Homes to house youth up to 21 days and operate 365 days a year.
· Transitional Living Program: Offers live-in group-apartment housing for runaway or homeless youth ages 16-24. Youth receive support, shelter, and work towards self-sufficiency for up to 18 months.
· Drop-in Center: Offers a safe place for youth to hang out and a variety of activities in a structured environment. Youth 11-21 can also access recreational activities, mental health services, academic support, and job development.
YCAP reaches youth through street outreach and a youth helpline for Yamhill County, Oregon. YCAP receives a combination of local and federal funding to manage its youth programs.
The Youth Outreach Director designs, develops and implements programs to effectively serve at-risk youth in Yamhill County communities. This position is part of the Executive Leadership Team that provides leadership for the diverse programs and functions of YCAP.
· Creates a positive team atmosphere providing quality service to clients, staff and interns through active listening, positive problem solving, and timely responses
· Provides direct supervision and leadership to Youth Outreach staff, including hiring, work plan establishment, professional development planning, evaluating, orienting, training, coaching, mentoring and disciplining
· Works closely with Youth Outreach staff to establish work priorities, assign duties, monitor project deadlines, and evaluate staff performance
· Supports staff in navigating client issues, providing guidance, support, and advice as appropriate
· Addresses, responds, and provides consultation to program staff, interns and partner agencies on program issues and client concerns
· Guides, motivates and leads program employees in keeping with the mission, vision, philosophy and core values of YCAP
Program Development/Grants Management (40%)
· Provides written documents and program reports to the Executive Director, Executive Leadership Team, and other agencies or partners
· Interprets all governmental statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to Youth Outreach programs. Creates and maintains monitoring systems to ensure program and staff are adhering to required agency, grant, federal and state guidelines and policies
· Reviews program goals and performance measures and ensures a process for continuous quality improvement
· Provides oversight of Youth Outreach programs to assure that all programs, services, and systems are developed in accordance with awarded grants (including federal), contracts, compliance/regulatory requirements and congruent with YCAP’s mission, and values
· Directs grant monitoring and review processes. Provides response to compliance findings if needed and keeps the Executive Director apprised of the process
· Assures that all required systems and records are maintained and up-to-date
· Oversees the management of any facilities or host homes accessed by Youth Outreach programs either directly or in coordination with facility management
· Coordinates facility needs with the agency Executive Director and Human Resources to ensure integration with other agency systems (IT, signage, telephone, etc.)
Financial Management (15%)
· Oversees the development of the Youth Outreach department annual budget
· Provides fiscal oversight of the budgets, expenditures and revenues
· Develops strategy to meet grant requirements within the current budget
· Assures that required fiscal reports are monitored and submitted as required by each funding source
· Keeps the agency Executive Director and Finance Director informed of all fiscal compliance requirements
· Oversees grant funding and matching funds procurement in partnership with the Development Director
Community Outreach (5%)
· Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with community partners, especially pertaining to organizations involved in youth services
· Represents YCAP Youth Outreach through community presentations and involvement, including education, outreach, and advocacy activities related to at-risk youth and/or youth experiencing homelessness
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Extensive skills, knowledge and abilities in areas of program development, community collaborations, service delivery and resource development
· Working knowledge of social services, social work, or human services and best practices related to runaway, homeless, and/or at-risk youth
· Thorough knowledge of program management, including program planning, operations, and evaluation
· General knowledge of human resources practices
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent leadership, team building and problem-solving skills
· Ability to serve as YCAP’s agency representative for after-hours Youth Outreach program emergency issues
· Ability to follow YCAP Employee Policies and Procedures
Ability to pass drug screen & background check
· Bachelor’s degree in social work or closely related field required
· Minimum of three years of experience working with vulnerable youth and/or families
· Minimum of two years management level supervisory experience
· Experience with financial oversight
Valid driver’s license, insurance, and clean driving record
· Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW) or previous experience as a Licensed Social Worker (LSW).
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit, stand, kneel, walk and/or bend for extended periods of time. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
To apply for this job please visit npprofessionals.hiringthing.com.