Website Utah Valley University
Assistant Director – Leadership Annual Giving
Position Category: Staff – Full-Time
The Utah Valley University Annual Giving department focuses on expanding a lifelong culture of engagement and ongoing support that resonates with students, alumni, community partners, and university staff. We encourage partnerships, share meaningful experiences, provide traditional and modern giving channels, and increase awareness of the impact our university creates, through the students that grace our classrooms – physically and virtually – and the donors and community that support their growth. Utah Valley University is seeking an assistant director. This role as the Leadership Annual Gift Officer is responsible for soliciting and stewarding leadership-level gifts, currently defined as $1,000 – $25,000 to generate current-use revenue for scholarships, campus programs, and other university priorities. This position supports and collaborates closely with Major Gift Officers, as well as the Gift Planning, Prospect Research, Donor Relations, and Alumni Relations departments. This position strategically leads fundraising efforts by working with campus partners, students, and donors. Operating within approved University and Foundation guidelines and strategy, this position will increase engagement and participation of the university’s community of students, alumni and friends through intentional and focused outreach. UVU has the largest student enrollment among public universities in the state, approximately 40,000 students, and is one of a growing number of institutions in the nation offering an integrated dual-mission model that combines the rigor and richness of a first-rate teaching university with the openness and vocational programs of a community college. UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communication, Public Relations, English, or a related field, or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education). Two years of experience in fundraising, marketing, sales, business, public relations, or annual, corporate or foundation giving in a university or non-profit setting. Experience must show a proven track record of success. Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required. Technology-savvy with an understanding of database and management systems. Experience in an educational or higher ed environment desired. Willingness to travel and the ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of best practices for cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors.
• Knowledge of and experience with managing donors within the fundraising continuum and related principals and policies.
• Knowledge of public relations, marketing and working in or with corporate culture.
• Demonstrates organizational ability, and strong attention to detail. Superior data analysis, marketing, and written and verbal communication skills.
• Takes responsibility and initiative to set and meet department goals, objectives and obligations while representing the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
• Effective problem solving, decision-making, strategic planning, innovative and strategic thinking skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal and listening skills including the ability to work with donors and staff at all levels and build rapport easily with internal and external constituents.
• Works independently and collaboratively, takes initiative, productively manages multiple responsibilities and deadlines in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment, paying meticulous attention to detail.
• Poised, professional manner with the ability to express oneself clearly and empathetically in interactions with others in all forms of communications including verbal, written, one-on-one, group settings, etc. Ability to communicate in a direct and professional manner that engages dialogue in a manner that resolves differences and creates desired results.
• Demonstrates ability to establish, cultivate and steward strong relationships with donors, perspective donors, alumni and friends of the institution including business, philanthropic and community leaders with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Ability to make decisions in ambiguous situations, exercises good judgment based on information and analysis in a fast paced, dynamic, deadline-driven environment in an organized and professional manner.
• Exceptionally collaborative and team-focused; possesses a professional outlook and keen sense of accountability for efforts; and highly energetic, focused, and outcome-oriented.
• Ability to effectively supervise, inspire and mentor others.
Preferred Qualifications: Background working with spreadsheets, print and/or electronic media. Demonstrated understanding of university fundraising practices and personnel management.
Work is performed in a normal office environment.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $41,412 – $51,765 DOE
Advertisement Number: STA50221
Open Date: 08/06/2021
Review Start Date: 09/10/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant:
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/2487143
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.