The Salvation Army New Jersey
The North Program Coordinator (NPC) will provide overall support to the North Regional Service Center (NRSC) which is located in Newton, NJ, and will include local as well as regional holistic services designed to strengthen children and their families.
- Provide intake for families seeking seasonal assistance for summer camp, back-to-school, Thanksgiving,
and Christmas initiatives locally and in the Northern Region, as needed.
- Provide intake for families seeking emergency assistance which includes food distribution, clothing,
furniture, prescription, shelter, rent/mortgage, and utilities that support stability for children and their
- Conduct outreach to local organizations, public schools, township, etc. to create awareness of emergency
and seasonal programs, as well as to determine the needs of children and their families to potentially
develop new programs.
- Recruit and manage Christmas seasonal staff:
- Coordinate daily and weekly kettle schedule
- Collect, count, and deposit funds
- Communicate kettle vacancies to the NRC for the annual Red Kettle Christmas fundraising campaign.
- Assist North Regional Coordinator to assure federal and private grant requirements are filled.
- Track, maintain and report accurate emergency and seasonal services rendered, fundraising efforts, as
well as grant-related information, etc. and communicate to NRC.
- Recruit and manage volunteers in the community or through court-mandated community service programs
for emergency/seasonal assistance, office organization, fundraising campaigns, as well as other programs
that may arise.
- Maintain building operations and storage unit:
- Organize, clean office, and report property issues to NRC
- Organize and track storage unit contents
- Coordinate monthly pest control appointments
- Process office-related bills for payment
- Keep inventory/order supplies
- Assist NRC with regional projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-year degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of administrative, social services, program management or similar experience
- 2 years of volunteer/staff management experience required.
- Experience managing food distribution preferred.
- Must maintain the confidentiality of staff, volunteers, vendors, and other partners.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team to meet service and fundraising goals.
- Valid NJ Driver’s license with a clean driving record. Must be approved to drive TSA vehicle.
- Proficiency in software applications required, specifically with Office 365 (Teams, Excel, Word, Outlook,
etc.), and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Must understand and support the mission of The Salvation Army.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.