Are you a volunteer warrior? Do you want a career in service? Join AmeriCorps VISTA! The program is designed to function as a stateside Peace Corps, placing high quality, dedicated individuals in poverty facing non-profit organizations throughout the country.
The Texas Association of Charitable Clinics VISTA Leader must have prior service experience through either a full term of VISTA, NCCC, AmeriCorps State and National, or the Peace Corps. The aim of a VISTA leader is to expand and build the capacity of the members they lead, in coordination with the projects in which they serve. VISTA Leaders provide support and coordination for members to increase the project’s impact including, but not limited to regular check ins with VISTA Members, on-going training and professional development, and continued recruitment for sustained program success. The VISTA Leader will also develop relations with other programs throughout the state to create best practices for program management.
The aim of a VISTA Leader is to expand and build the capacity of the VISTAs they lead, in coordination with the projects in which they serve. Leaders provide support and coordination for members to increase the project’s impact. VISTA Leaders make about $705 bi-weekly pre-tax and are eligible for either an education award of $6,345 or a cash stipend of $3,000 at completion of service.
- Relocation Allowance
- Child Care Assistance
- End of Service Award of either $6,345 Education Award or $3,000 Cash Stipend
- On-Going Training and Professional Development
- Non-Competitive Eligibility for Federal Employment
- Phone Bill Reimbursement
- College Graduate
- At Least 18 Years Old
- Commitment to National Service and solutions to poverty
- Interest in learning about the workings of free and reduced healthcare systems
- Capable of finding housing in the Austin region
- Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please follow the link below. It will take you to the Position Opportunity on the MyAmericorpsPortal.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org