Website Storybook Farm
We give childhoods back to children
Location: Storybook Farm | Opelika, Alabama
Job Title: Donor Stewardship and Development Assistant
Start Date: June 2021
About Us: We saw there was a void of support for children in our community coping with trauma, loss, illness, and various additional types of adversity. So, we decided to address it. We created Storybook Farm, a place of whimsy and wonder where children can simply be children, far removed from the cares of their world. The great outdoors is our setting, literature is our backdrop, and animals are the teachers.
For 19 years, thousands of children have participated in our equine, canine, and nature-based programs. We’ve learned a lot along the way, but one takeaway remains. Hardships are inescapable. There will always be one more child in need of what Storybook uniquely provides. One more parent who feels overwhelmed and overworked. One more opportunity to step in the gap between hardship and hope. This fuels our passion.
The Storybook Team is comprised of individuals eager to foster hope. Our organization is built on a foundation of compassion and relationships. We’re wild about our work and won’t be finished until every child has the opportunity to experience the power of the human-animal bond.
Job Summary: Seeking a hard-working individual who aspires to learn and grow professionally. The Donor Stewardship and Development Assistant will be a member of Storybook Farm’s Development Team and will provide excellent and energetic support primarily to the Chief Executive Officer. This individual will be responsible for implementing and managing comprehensive donor relations, stewardship, and recognition and retention initiatives. This role will consistently promote positive and mutually rewarding interaction with and recognition of donors at all levels. They will collaborate with internal leadership teams and execute strategic planning. This position reports directly to the Executive Director and is accountable to Storybook Farm’s Board of Directors.
– Engage and support the Leadership Team in the fundraising process by managing stewardship and recognition initiatives, providing excellent relationship management and prompt follow-up
– Work with the Leadership Team to develop a strategic pipeline for cultivation of donors outside of Storybook Farm’s existing donor pool
– Coordinate and implement donor cultivation and stewardship events, meetings and point-of-entry tours, as needed
– Assist with the creation of written correspondence from team members to donors
– Facilitate and coordinate communication with donors, prospects and serve as direct point of contact for Board of Directors and Jr. Council
– Oversee the proper acknowledgement of donations and make timely touch points within established protocol
– Assist in the development of the annual reports, monthly newsletters and database emails
– Become proficient at all aspects of the CRM database and event software including but not limited to data entry and report generation
– Work with the marketing team to track and analyze data to achieve the greatest correspondence impact
– Stay current with stewardship best practices, research methodologies and data management software
– Assist Executive Director with annual projects, campaigns and grantmaking
– Advocate for and articulate Storybook Farm’s mission to interested parties/groups
– Foster relationships with interns, participant families, and volunteers
– Assist with other duties as assigned by the Leadership Team
– Bachelor’s Degree and minimum two years of professional experience
– Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to connect authentically with a diverse portfolio of donors
– Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking
– A positive can-do attitude with strong self-direction and a desire to take the initiative and ensure excellence
– Some weekend work required
– Competitive benefits and professional training opportunities
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com