Website Special Olympics Florida
Special Olympics Florida
Position: Director, Foundation Relations
Department: Foundation Relations
Supervisor: Chief Development & Marketing Officer
Special Olympics Florida is seeking a dedicated and experienced Director of Foundation Relations to lead and manage the organization’s efforts in cultivating and maintaining relationships with foundations and grant-making entities. The Director will play a crucial role in securing funding to support the programs and initiatives of Special Olympics Florida, aimed at enhancing the lives of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field; advanced degree preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in foundation relations, grant writing and fundraising within a nonprofit setting.
· Proven track record of successfully securing grants and contributions from foundations and grant-making entities.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build rapport with diverse stakeholders.
· Exceptional writing skills and the ability to craft persuasive and compelling grant proposals.
· Detail-oriented, organized, and able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
· Familiarity with the Special Olympics movement and the field of intellectual and developmental disabilities is a plus.
· Proficiency in fundraising software, database management, and Microsoft Office suite.
· Develop and Execute Fundraising Strategy: Design, implement, and oversee a comprehensive foundation relations strategy to secure funding for Special Olympics Florida’s various programs and projects.
· Cultivate Relationships: Build and maintain strong relationships with foundation representatives, program officers, and other stakeholders to identify funding opportunities, align objectives, and communicate the impact of the organization’s work.
· Grant Proposal Development: Lead the development of compelling and persuasive grant proposals and grant applications, ensuring alignment with funders’ priorities and organizational goals.
· Prospect Research: Conduct thorough research to identify new foundation prospects and funding opportunities, staying up-to-date with industry trends and best practices.
· Collaboration: Collaborate closely with program managers and other internal teams to gather information, data, and stories that effectively communicate the impact of Special Olympics Florida’s programs.
· Grant Management: Oversee grant reporting and ensure timely submission of required reports, acknowledgments, and other communication to foundations, demonstrating accountability and transparency.
· Strategic Planning: Contribute to the overall strategic planning process by providing insights and recommendations related to foundation relations, fundraising goals, and revenue projections.
· Budgeting and Analysis: Collaborate with finance and leadership teams to develop and manage the foundation relations budget, tracking expenses and revenue generation.
· Networking and Events: Represent Special Olympics Florida at relevant networking events, conferences, and workshops to enhance the organization’s visibility and relationships within the philanthropic community.
· Team Leadership: Supervise and mentor foundation relations staff, providing guidance, training, and support to ensure their professional growth and success.
Must be able to travel and complete weekend and evening duties as assigned
Must be able to lift 50 lbs
Status: Full-time exempt position
Salary: Based on experience
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org