Website SETI Institute
Under Director’s general supervision, the Grants Administrator is responsible for supporting all aspects of the grants process including identification of solicitations and proposal requirements, preparation of budgets and proposal templates, managing filing systems and reporting requirements, and assisting scientists. This position plays a vital role in the Institute’s submission of grant applications and other research funding. The successful candidate will be responsible for pre- and post- award activities associated with federal, private and other agencies and will ensure compliance with federal guidelines, regulations and policies.
• Assist Director of Grants Administration by taking the initiative to respond to inquiries and disseminate information as needed.
• Provide administrative support and procedural advice to potential and current SETI Institute Principal Investigators in the preparation and submission of grant proposals.
• Manage the proposal preparation process, including budget creation, communication with investigators, and compilation of supporting materials.
• Assure compliance for all SETI submitted proposals.
• Manage current awards by maintaining accurate records of grants awarded and submitting interim and final reports to funders.
• Develop and maintain detailed and organized files of proposals and awards, from inception to closeout.
• Create and maintain proposal and reporting templates.
• Maintain various databases related to grants administration, and regulatory reporting. i.e., NTSR and NSSC.
• Track status of award funding and reporting through data bases.
• Identify potential funding opportunities.
• Other duties as needed.
• BA/BS degree and/or 2-3 years of experience in Grants Administration in a non-profit environment desirable.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous tasks with excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills are required.
• Interest in SETI Institute scientific goals.
• Demonstrated broad base of knowledge of office software, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
• Able to work effectively independently and as a team player in a deadline-driven environment.
Apply Here: https://www.seti.org/grants-administrator
• Frequent to continuous sitting.
• Frequent to continuous use of computer monitor, mouse, and keyboard.
• Frequent use of standard office equipment.
• Occasional bending, reaching, kneeling.
Salary/Benefits: The SETI Institute provides competitive salary, excellent benefits including health/dental/vision insurance, a flexible spending account for medical and dependent care, vacation, and sick leave. The Institute sponsors a retirement plan option upon fulfillment of eligibility.
Diversity and Equity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
The SETI Institute is an Affirmative Action Employer and members of underrepresented communities and demographics are particularly encouraged to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ and people with disabilities.
Note: The Institute will not sponsor applicants for work visas
To apply for this job please visit www.seti.org.