http://www.twitter.com/setiinstitute SETI Institue
The SETI Institute is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit scientific research
Reports to: Director, Grants Administration
FLSA status: Exempt
We are looking for a Grants Administrator to join our dedicated team supporting more than 80 scientists working across all branches of science to address questions about the origin, evolution and prevalence of life throughout the solar system. The Grants Administrator is the point of contact for researchers pursuing and conducting grant funded research at the SETI Institute. Primary duties of the position are to assist potential and current SETI Institute researchers in the preparation and submission of funding proposals and the administration of resulting grant awards.
· Act as the point of contact for new researchers; provide administrative support and procedural advice to potential and current SETI Institute Principal Investigators in the submission of grant proposals.
· Continuously stay abreast of changes in sponsoring agency reporting and proposal submission requirements.
· Interpret guidelines from funding organizations and SETI Institute policies.
· Maintain an awareness of funding opportunities and convey same to Principal Investigators.
· In collaboration with the Director of Grants Administration and other team members, perform all grant administrative functions over the lifetime of an award, including proposal submission, recordkeeping, and reporting to funding agencies.
· Act as liaison between Principal Investigators and sponsor personnel e.g. NASA Shared Services Center (NSSC).
· Other duties as needed.
· Bachelor’s Degree and five years of experience in grants administration.
· Science degree and/or knowledge of NASA operations a plus.
· In-depth knowledge of funder opportunities, requirements, and deadlines.
· Excellent oral and written communications skills.
· Attention to detail and ability to work within deadlines.
· Ability to work well with others, both one-on-one, scientists, and within group settings.
· Demonstrated knowledge of office software, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Able to work independently and under pressure.
· Must be self-motivated and able to perform several tasks simultaneously.
· Must be a team player and maintain a pleasant attitude in the conduct of Institute business.
EXAMPLES OF JOB TASKS:
· Preparation and dissemination of proposal requirements and deadlines, and associated budget and proposal templates.
· In collaboration with the researcher, prepare proposal budgets and enter into funder system.
· Review proposals for compliance with funder requirements.
· Monitor the progress of projects to assure renewal proposals, no cost extensions, etc. are submitted on a timely basis.
· Work with the researcher to submit accurate and timely annual and final project reports.
· Maintain paper and electronic files of pending, current, and closed awards.
· Clarify requirements or request assistance from a funding agency on behalf of a researcher.
· Maintain proposal and funded project permanent files.
· Frequent to continuous sitting
· Frequent to continuous use of computer monitor, mouse and keyboard
· Frequent use of standard office equipment
· Occasional bending, reaching, kneeling
Salary/Benefits: The SETI Institute provides competitive salary, excellent benefits including health/dental/vision insurance, a flexible spending account for medical and dependent care, vacation, and sick leave. The Institute sponsors a retirement plan option upon fulfillment of eligibility.
The Institute will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
To apply for this job please visit www.seti.org.