Website Rising Sun Center for Opportunity
Rising Sun Center for Opportunity is a premier workforce development and community resilience non-profit serving the Bay Area and San Joaquin County. We offer two programs, Climate Careers and Opportunity Build, that give youth and adults the training and experience they need to access sustainable career pathways and maximize their potential.
For more information about Rising Sun, please visit www.risingsunopp.org
The Climate Careers Program
Our Climate Careers program offers a no-cost service, the Green House Call, to local households in Stockton. Green House Calls consist of an energy and water audit and installations of energy- and water-saving devices. Climate Careers employs youth Energy Specialists, ages 15-22 from low-income households, to perform these audits and installations. Our innovative mission combines residential energy efficiency services with youth employment, development, and pathways to success.
The Summer Program Manager (SPM) position implements the Climate Careers program in Stockton while also supporting the overall goals of the Climate Careers program. The SPM will work with a Leader-In-Field Training (LIFT) and is jointly responsible for site office administration, youth management, client identification and scheduling, and oversight of service delivery to residential clients. This position calls for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and who can balance multiple priorities. A successful candidate will equally enjoy administrative tasks, community engagement, and direct supervision and development of youth. The SPM reports directly to the Regional Manager and collaborates with the Outreach and Marketing Manager.
Program Details (Pay, Office Locations & Schedule)
● Site Program Manager pay: $23.50/hour, 40 hours/week
● Monthly phone reimbursement*: Phone-$30 dollars
● Vehicle use reimbursement when traveling from site office to client’s homes or any other Rising
Sun event’s location. Rising Sun reimburses mileage at the 2023 federal mileage rate determined by the IRS.
● Approximate site office locations: Stockton
*Mileage reimbursements will only be offered for driving done solely for work-related purposes. Note that commuting between your home and your assigned site office does not qualify for reimbursement. Toll fees incurred as part of work travel are reimbursed.
● Provide supervision of day-to-day in person operations at a temporary Climate Careers site office
● Directly onboard, train, supervise, and mentor up to 10 youth program participants
● Provide continuous evaluation and training to program participants to ensure skill development and the highest possible quality of service
● Collaborate with the Outreach team to engage with clients and sign them up for the Green House Call service
● Ensure full schedule of Green House Call appointments, handle all customer service-related tasks including conducting confirmation calls, rescheduling (if necessary), ensuring quality service, and gathering customer testimonials
● Ensure the successful delivery of all site deliverables and goals
● Collaborate with a Youth Development Specialist to address issues/barriers that a youth participant may be experiencing to ensure active and consistent programmatic participation and to further enhance the youth experience
● Other duties as assigned
Program Dates & Schedule (Green House Call Program): June-August 2022, up to 40 hours a week
Paid Training: June 2-9
Paid Training (Youth): June 12-16
Manager Meetings: Weekly on Mondays
In-Person Green House Calls: June 20-July18
Manager Last Day: August 4
As a Summer Program Manager, you MUST:
● Adhere to all Rising Sun policies, including the Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccine Policy for Employees and Board of Directors
● Provide proof of COVID-19 primary series vaccinations by the start date of your employment, please refer to the CDC website if you are unsure of your status
o Rising Sun will consider accommodations for disability, medical and/or religious reasons only. For more information on COVID-19 vaccinations, visit the CDC website.
● Adhere to public health safety regulations and/or best practices, including (but not limited to) wearing a mask in client homes
● Have a car, valid driver’s license, and motor vehicle insurance
● Be able to pass a motor vehicle record check with a safe driving record
● Be able to pass a criminal background check
● Be able to lift 25 pounds and walk up to half a mile at a time
● Have stable phone access to make phone calls
● Able to travel to and from site office location for summer Green House call programs and training (see site office locations above)
● Able to work at least 8 hours during the day and up to 40 hours a week.
● Be able to complete the virtual Mandated Reporter and Sexual Harassment Training within the first week of training
As a Summer Program Manager, you ARE:
● An effective verbal and written communicator with strong customer service skills
● Comfortable engaging with the public and adapting a message for diverse audiences
● Passionate about youth development and/or education, with the compassion and empathy to work with youth from various backgrounds
● Comfortable training and teaching others
● Able to foster a fun, energetic, and goal-oriented environment
● Able to support and supervise youth program participants, assign work effectively, and address performance issues as they arise.
● Competent with the Google Suite and comfortable with database and information management
● Highly motivated to develop managerial and professional skills
As a Summer Program Manager, it would be GREAT if you:
● Have experience in youth development, education, management, sustainability, and/or community engagement and outreach
● Are bilingual in Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Tagalog, Vietnamese, and/or other languages
Ready to Apply?
Please email your resume, cover letter, and three professional references to CCjobs@risingsunopp.org, and include “Summer Program Manager” in the subject line. We are accepting resumes and hiring on a rolling basis, so we highly encourage you to get your application in as soon as possible.
Rising Sun is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Rising Sun is committed to diversity and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, and disability status.
EOE/AA/Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com