Website Rising Sun Center for Opportunity
Email your resume and a list of 3 professional references to email@example.com to APPLY and include “Site Program Manager -Stockton” in the subject line!
Rising Sun Center for Opportunity is a premier workforce development and community resilience
non-profit serving the Bay Area and San Joaquin County. We offer two programs, Climate Careers and
Opportunity Build, that give youth and adults the training and experience they need to access sustainable
career pathways and maximize their potential.
For more information about Rising Sun, please visit www.risingsunopp.org
The Climate Careers Program
Our Climate Careers program offers a no-cost service, the Green House Call, to local households. Green
House Calls consist of an energy and water audit and installations of energy and water-saving devices.
Climate Careers employs youth Energy Specialists, ages 15-24 from low-income households, to perform
these audits and installations. Our innovative mission combines residential energy efficiency services with
youth employment, development, and pathways to success.
The Site Program Manager (SiPM) is responsible for implementing the Climate Careers program within
San Joaquin County while also supporting the overall goals of the program. The SiPM will oversee and
supervise 11 youth during the summer. The SiPM will co-manage one site office with a Summer Program
Manager during the summer employment.
The Site Program Manager will report directly to the Regional Manager and work closely with the
Outreach Manager, Youth Development Specialist, and Summer Program Manager. SiPM is expected to
transition between different sets of responsibilities throughout the position duration. Details are outlined in
the Job Responsibilities section.
This position calls for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and who can balance multiple
priorities. A successful candidate will equally enjoy administrative tasks, community engagement, and
direct supervision and development of youth.
Program Details (Pay, Office Locations & Schedule)
● Site Program Manager pay: $24.50/hour, 40 hours/week (must be able to work some weekends)
● Monthly internet and phone reimbursements*: Phone-$30 dollars, Internet- $20 dollars
● Vehicle use reimbursement when traveling from site office to client’s homes or any other Rising
Sun event’s location. Rising Sun reimburses mileage at the 2024 federal mileage rate determined by
● Approximate site office locations (for Summer In-Person GHC): Stockton
*Monthly phone reimbursements apply throughout your time with Rising Sun. Monthly internet reimbursements only apply for Spring work.
**Mileage reimbursements will only be offered for driving done solely for work-related purposes. For example, driving out from your assigned place of work (home in the Spring and your assigned site office in the Summertime) to outreach/recruitment events. Note that in the Summer, commuting between your home and your assigned site office does not qualify for reimbursement. Toll fees incurred as part of work travel are reimbursed.
This position is from February 5, 2024 to August 2, 2024. Below outlines the job responsibilities within the months of the position. There are different responsibilities, but we ask that all Site Program Managers commit to the entire duration of the program.
Program Dates & Schedule (Spring Recruitment & Outreach): February-May 2024
● Collaborate with Site Program Managers on Recruitment, Outreach, and Hiring
● Schedule, coordinate and represent Rising Sun at in-person and virtual recruitment events to recruit youth summer participants
● Identify, interview, & hire potential candidates for all youth program positions
● Coordinate and represent Rising Sun at in-person outreach events to engage clients and sign them
up for the Green House Call service to ensure a full appointment calendar for the summer
● Support data collection initiatives to support projects for the Climate Careers program
● Assist in the identification and recruitment of externship hosts
Paid Training: February 5-9
Youth Recruitment (events, interviews): February-May
Green House Call Outreach: February-May
Program Dates & Schedule (Green House Call Program): June-August 2024
● Share/delegate all site office responsibilities and collaborate with co-manager to ensure smooth
operation of site office
● Directly onboard, train, supervise, and mentor up to 11 youth program participants (LIFT, ESD, ES)
● Train LIFT to become a peer leader by providing feedback, mentorship, supervision, and delegating
site tasks that align with their skill level
● Provide continuous evaluation, training and feedback to program participants to ensure skill
development and the highest possible quality of service
● Coordinate site logistics, including, but not limited to timesheets, payroll submission, expense reimbursement, and meticulous preparation and monitoring of all supplies, tools, and materials
● Ensure full schedule of Green House Call appointments, handle all customer service-related tasks including conducting confirmation calls, rescheduling (if necessary), ensuring quality service, and gathering customer testimonials
● Ensure the successful delivery of all site and staff deliverables and goals
● Collaborate with a Youth Development Specialist to address issues/barriers that a youth participant may be experiencing to ensure active and consistent programmatic participation and to further enhance the youth experience
Paid Training (SPM): May 29-June 7
Paid Training (Youth): June 10-14
Manager Meetings: Weekly on Mondays
In-Person Green House Calls: June 17- July 26
In-person GHC Closing Week: July 30-Aug 2
As a Site Program Manager, you must:
● Adhere to all Rising Sun policies, including the Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccine Policy for Employees
and Board of Directors
● Provide proof of COVID-19 primary series vaccinations by the start date of your employment,
please refer to the CDC website if you are unsure of your status
o Rising Sun will consider accommodations for disability, medical and/or religious reasons only. For more information on COVID-19 vaccinations, visit the CDC website.
● Adhere to public health safety regulations and/or best practices, including (but not limited to)
wearing a mask in client homes
● Have a car, valid driver’s license, and motor vehicle insurance
● Be able to pass a motor vehicle record check with a safe driving record
● Be able to pass a criminal background check
● Stable phone access to make phone calls
● Be able to travel to and from the assigned site office for in-person Green House Calls coordination
● Be able to lift 25 pounds and walk up to half a mile at a time
● Be able to complete the virtual Mandated Reporter and Sexual Harassment Training within the first
week of hire
● Maintain confidentiality of all program participants and all files and records pertaining to youth
participants and clients
As a Site Program Manager, you are:
● An effective verbal and written communicator with strong customer service skills
● Comfortable engaging with the public and adapting a message for diverse audiences
● Passionate about youth development and/or education, with the compassion and empathy to work
with youth from various backgrounds
● Comfortable training and teaching others in a virtual and in-person setting
● Able to foster a fun, energetic, and goal-oriented environment
● Able to support and supervise youth program participants, assign work effectively, and address
performance issues as they arise
● Competent with the Google Suite and comfortable with database and information management
● Highly motivated to develop managerial and professional skills
As a Site Program Manager, it would be great if you:
● Have experience in youth development, education, management, sustainability, and/or community
engagement and outreach
● Are bilingual in Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Tagalog, Vietnamese, and/or other languages
Ready to Apply?
Please email your resume and list of three professional references to CCjobs@risingsunopp.org, and include “Site Program Manager -Stockton” in the subject line.
We accept applications and hire on a rolling basis, so we highly encourage you to get your application in as soon as possible.
Rising Sun is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Rising Sun is committed to diversity and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic
background, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, and disability status. Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action; women and individuals who are Black, indigenous, and/or people of color are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to CCjobs@risingsunopp.org