Website Rising Sun Center for Opportunity
Rising Sun Center for Opportunity is hiring a Program Associate responsible for supporting the Opportunity Build team. This position helps with outreach and recruitment, manages and enters data, coordinates program events, and provides classroom support.
Opportunity Build is a certified Multi-Craft Core Curriculum apprenticeship readiness training program that provides a pathway out of poverty for adults who aspire to obtain high road jobs in the union construction trades. The goal of the program is to take people who have little to no construction background to apprenticeship readiness in 10 weeks.
Opportunity Build serves low-income adults experiencing significant barriers to employment, with an emphasis on serving women and individuals impacted by the justice system. Opportunity Build’s trauma-informed, whole-person approach provides not only practical training, but also the individualized support needed to help participants overcome barriers to employment to support our programs.
The Program Associate reports directly to the Senior Program Manager and works closely with the Opportunity Build team and is an integral part of an organization committed to making a significant and lasting impact in the lives of hundreds of people every year.
RISING SUN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Rising Sun is committed to diversity and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, and disability status. EOE/AA; women and minorities are encouraged to apply. For more information about Rising Sun, please visit www.risingsunopp.org
A successful Program Associate…
● Is passionate about Rising Sun’s mission and excited to actively champion it
● Is enthusiastic about working in a nonprofit setting; comfortable wearing many hats and getting creative with available resources
● Is extremely well-organized; able to create and maintain all necessary paperwork, data, and notes to ensure outcomes are achieved
● Develops intuitive organizational systems that make things easy for others, excellent attention to detail
● Enjoys working in the community and meeting new people; possesses strong relationship-building skills; able to develop rapport and build trust with a diverse range of individuals
● Can serve as a model and a coach for program participants, offering stability and consistency
● Has experience and is comfortable using a range of technology including databases, Google Suite, Microsoft Office, A/V equipment, and more
● Demonstrates self-awareness, in terms of understanding their own culture, identity, biases, prejudices, power, privilege, and stereotypes
● Demonstrates willingness to challenge and change institutional practices that present barriers to different groups
The Program Associate is responsible for
● Helping to track, verify, and record job retention for Opportunity Build through collection of pay stubs; helping to track all placement, employment verification, and employment retention outcomes in Salesforce
● Coordinating program events, such as graduation, networking, welcome breakfasts and Worksgiving
● Scheduling participant interviews, info sessions, and guest speakers
● Welcoming visitors and guest speakers, ensuring all COVID policies and procedures are adhered to
● Managing intake paperwork and entering participant data into Salesforce, CalJobs and other data platforms
● Providing coverage and support during program activities, including recruitment, field trips, classroom presentations, and more
● Creating social media content and external communications in coordination with the Development & Communications Manager
● Working closely with the Opportunity Build Senior Program Manager to supervise cohort classroom activities
● Working with the Opportunity Build team to continually improve the program and participant outcomes
● Working in close coordination with all members of the Opportunity Build team to meet graduation, placement, and retention goals, as well as to ensure a seamless, positive experience for each participant
● Other duties as assigned
To hold this position, you must… (We are serious; no matter how much we like you; we simply cannot consider you for this position if you don’t meet the following:)
● Have the ability to work some flexible hours – occasional evenings and weekends
● Have a car, valid driver’s license, and insurance
● Able to travel within the East Bay
It’s a big plus if you…
● Have experience working with workforce development programs
● Have experience working with the re-entry population
● Have a commitment to, and passion for, workforce development, sustainability, and/or environmental justice
● Have experience using Salesforce and/or CalJobs
About Rising Sun…
Rising Sun is a premier nonprofit organization working at the intersection of economic equity and climate resilience in the greater California Bay Area since 1994. With offices in Oakland and Stockton, our workforce development programs are grounded in resiliency and specialize in serving youth, women, and individuals in reentry. Opportunity Build provides a pathway out of poverty for low-income adults experiencing barriers to
employment through pre-apprenticeship training, case management, and job placement in the building trades and construction. Climate Careers gives local low-income youth their first green job, training them to provide free residential energy efficiency services throughout the nine Bay Area counties and San Joaquin County.
About our culture…
We are mission-driven and work hard because we care deeply about what we do. We are deeply committed to equity and inclusion and want to do the self-work necessary to be successful in these areas. We like working with each other and we like to make work fun. We like to try new things and encourage each other to find unique and unconventional ways to tackle tough problems. We celebrate every birthday, eat a lot of dessert together, and recycle the same birthday candles until they are gone. There is usually at least one dog hanging around the office, and sometimes a staff member’s kid or two as well. We want people to grow. We like to promote from within and build each other up, but we also like to bring in new ideas and different perspectives. We are looking forward to meeting you and hearing about how you can contribute to making Rising Sun a great place to work.
You might also be wondering about pay and benefits…
This is a full-time, exempt, salaried, benefitted position with an annual salary of $63,000. Rising Sun offers a competitive benefits package that includes paid time off, personal and parental leave, access to a 403b retirement plan with employer matching, and remote work options. Rising Sun covers 100% of employee medical, dental, vision, and life insurance premiums, and covers 50% of the premiums for dependents. Rising Sun offers flexible remote work options for its employees, with exceptions for staff during specific times of the year and mandatory in-office days for all employees.
Ready to apply?
Please email your resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include “Program Associate” in the subject line
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com