Location: Hybrid role from Brooklyn, NY
Start Date: October 2022
Compensation: $125,000 + Benefits
Reports To: Executive Director
As Reel Works continues to grow, the need for evolving and expanding the leadership team has become necessary. As the Senior Director of Operations, you will oversee all operational and administrative functions of the organization that support programming, but do not relate directly to participants, including: finance, office management, human resources, technology, and performance management.
30% – Human Resources
- Develop HR strategies and policies that support the organization’s overall operations, mission and vision
- Oversee all aspects of human resources including PEO management, benefits administration, employee relations, and the maintenance of employee records
- Manage contracts with consultants and independent contractors, draft MOU’s & employment agreements
Develop and/or revamp org-wide policies and procedures, including professional development, PTO, mentorship program, etc.
- Plan and facilitate initiatives related to culture-building, hybrid work, and staff development
- Identify opportunities to enable individual and organizational growth through learning, development, and training opportunities.
30% – Operations
- Oversee all aspects of the facilities, including building and equipment maintenance, supply inventory management, lease agreements, insurance policies, etc.
- Act as liaison in obtaining and negotiating government contracts.
20% – Financial Management & Planning
- Lead and manage the fiscal health of the organization, creating and managing annual budgets and ensuring the implementation of sound financial policies and procedures
- Oversee bookkeeping, accounts payable and receivable, and payroll
- Generate and analyze financial reports, using data to drive decisions for the organization
- Oversee annual audit process and other financial filings, maintaining meticulous records to ensure compliance
20% – Strategic Leadership
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to make major decisions for the organization.
- Establish a strategic plan for meeting financial goals, including building cash-reserve.
- Act as an internal consultant on finance and HR related matters.
The Skills You’ll Need
Success in the Senior Director of Operations role will require a deep commitment to Reel Works’ mission, core values and DEI beliefs, emotionally intelligent leadership, and a desire to cultivate a strong and equitable workplace culture. The ideal candidate will also bring the following skills, attributes and experiences:
- Deep experience as a nonprofit leader, managing annual operating budgets of at least $2-4M
- Fiscal management expertise including budget creation, utilizing financial software, leading financial audits, and managing government contracts
- Human Resources and talent management expertise including payroll, benefits administration, talent acquisition, and employee relations
- Comfort analyzing large amounts of data and identifying the key levers to pull in order to drive organizational change through multiple levels
- Experience coaching and developing staff across all organizational levels
- Experience incorporating diversity, equity and inclusion practices and beliefs into operational strategy(Preferred) Board Management & Arts Organization Experience
In this role, you will report to the Executive Director and you will supervise the finance, HR, and the facilities staff. The Senior Director of Operations will frequently collaborate with the Board’s HR Liaison, Senior Director of Education and Programming, Director of Development, and Manager of Communications.
Founded in 2001, Reel Works mentors, inspires, and empowers underserved NYC youth to share their stories through filmmaking, creating a springboard to successful careers in media and beyond. We are the only youth media program that matches teens 1:1 with professional mentors to tell their stories and have their voices heard. It’s a powerful combination that changes young lives and creates films that have been seen by tens of millions of viewers worldwide. In 2022, we will engage 1,600 teens and young adults in our free filmmaking, career exploration and job training programs for careers in media and entertainment. All our work is centered around the conviction that when you change the storytellers, you change the world.
The Next Steps
This search is being led by Imagine Consulting, a talent and recruitment firm specializing in supporting nonprofit organizations in securing an equitable and antiracist future for our world. Interested candidates should click here to apply. If you have questions or need support completing the application, please reach out to our team at email@example.com.
Historically, people of color, women, transgender, GNCNB, and disabled individuals face insurmountable oppression when engaging with employers and recruiters. At Imagine, we understand that talent is not bound to a single story and that our intersectional identities are value adds in every space we enter. Reel Works and Imagine are committed to building and supporting a diverse staff, and investing in fostering leadership from marginalized communities.
To apply for this job please visit www.imagineimpactllc.com.