Founded in 1990, Pets Are Loving Support, Inc. (PALS), a small Atlanta-based nonprofit serving diverse clients who need assistance with pet food and vet care seeks Executive Director. The ideal candidate for this Independent Contractor position is a highly organized, creative, and goal-oriented leader. They have good social media and technical skills, anticipate needs, and can work with a diverse board and client base. Must be an effective communicator who is confident and at ease when networking and speaking to other nonprofits, community leaders, and corporate decision makers. Experience in fundraising, grant writing and event planning is highly desirable, and contacts within the giving community is a plus. Accountability for timely follow up is key and compassion for the love that stems from the human-animal bond is a must.
The Executive Director is an Independent Contractor who reports to the Board of Trustees and is responsible for PALS daily operations as well as achievement of its mission and financial objectives.
In program development and administration, the Executive Director will:
1. Promote board participation in all areas of PALS work and fundraising efforts.
2. Maintain official client and financial records and ensure compliance with governing regulations.
3. Maintain volunteer and donor database.
4. Provide leadership and support in developing program policies, organizational strategies, and the execution of such.
5. Continually secure and cultivate funding through event planning and execution, small businesses, and corporate sponsorships, grant writing, and other means to finance the operations of PALS.
6. Establish and maintain sound working relationships with other non-profit organizations and community and business leaders who will support and promote the mission of PALS.
7. Develop a long-term strategy which achieves PALS mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
In communication, the Executive Director will:
1. Keep the Board of Trustees fully informed on the condition of PALS and all-important factors influencing it.
2. Publicize the activities of PALS, its programs, and its goals.
3. Represent the programs and point of view of PALS to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
4. Always protect the image and mission of PALS.
In daily operations, the Executive Director will:
1. Recruit new clients to ensure that PALS is fully serving the community.
2. Maintain enough pet food and vaccination supplies to serve client base.
3. Coordinate delivery, pick up and storage of pet food.
4. Keep organization’s vehicle in good working condition, schedule maintenance, and renew tag annually.
5. Recruit new volunteers to serve the organization and become future leaders.
6. Be responsible for overseeing the organizations monthly veterinary clinic program and bingo events.
7. Take advantage of all resources to ensure excellence in client services as well as the official PALS agent to all clients and client service programs.
8. Manage existing volunteers and assign tasks to support daily operations and committee needs.
9. Maintain organization records, compliance, and other administrative duties.
10. Maintain the organization’s website and social media presence (facebook, Instagram, twitter, etc.)
11. Create and publish monthly online newsletter.
12. Offer direction and support to all organization committee chairs.
13. Be responsible for maintaining sound financial practices and ensure PALS operates within budget guidelines.
14. Be responsible for securing new grants and sponsorships related to fundraising events.
15. Be responsible for overseeing fundraising events and ensure sound financial practices as they relate to these events.
16. With the assistance of the Board Chair and Treasurer, prepare the annual operating budget.
17. Other tasks as assigned by the Board of Trustees.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Proficiency with various personal computer software applications and social media.
· Non-profit experience.
· Previous experience in fundraising
· Must be able to lift 35#
Pets Are Loving Support (PALS) believe in racial justice and equality. We denounce systemic racism, strive for racial equity, and advocate for social justice in our community. We support all those who are advocating for racial justice. We serve a diverse population of clients and do not discriminate on the based on race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, or any other demographic statistic.
· Independent Contractor (1099)
· Flexible hours, hybrid remote and on-site
· Must be able to work one Sunday afternoon per month, one Tuesday night per month, and other occasional special events that may occur evenings and weekends.
· 50,000 plus incentives and bonuses based on performance.
· Insurance N/A
· Mileage reimbursement
Please complete this application (insert hyperlink to fillable application) and send with cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Executive Director in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org