NFTE is looking for a motivated and collaborative professional with strong communication and organizational skills to join our Development team and help lead fundraising for the Baltimore and Washington DC Metro areas. The Development Manager reports to the Vice President, Development and plays an important role on the organization’s national development team while working closely with the regional program team. The Development Manager is responsible for supporting, building and implementing the Baltimore/DC annual fundraising program and, if appropriate, may also oversee select national and/or multi-regional donor relationships in support of the organization’s overall annual contributions revenue goals.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio including the Baltimore/DC regional donor pipelines; ensure grant/gift deliverables are accomplished on time and in the highest quality manner supporting strong year over year donation renewals and potential upgrades.
- Maintain accurate regional pipeline using Raiser’s Edge CRM including deadlines, actions, notes, etc.
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward contributions through well-planned, targeted strategies including research, pitch creation, proposal and appeal writing, meetings, and reporting.
- Develop and implement a regional donor acquisition plan to identify and pursue new corporate, individual and foundation contributions.
- Ensure proper and timely recognition of donors with ongoing stewardship and relevant programmatic engagement.
- Coordinate Baltimore and DC Youth Entrepreneurship Challenge finals events including sponsorships, judges, keynote/panel, invitations, etc. in partnership with the events team.
- Support both NFTE Baltimore & DC Advisory Boards in support of community-building, fundraising, and volunteer activities with support and partnership from the regional program team.
- Represent NFTE at regional and national events and programs.
- Be highly knowledgeable of NFTE’s goals, program model, culture, and key stakeholders.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in fundraising with emphasis on corporate and individual fundraising preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter with good judgement and an ability to work both independently and collaboratively across a distributed organization.
- Excellent communication skills a must, both written and verbal, with an ability to clearly articulate complex programs, present exciting partnership opportunities, and report on progress and outcomes. Must enjoy writing.
- Excellent relationship management skills (both internal and with external partners).
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage, and grow donor relationships.
- Track record of achieving progressive, measurable results.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and embraces tools, systems, and processes for organizational management and efficiency.
- Positive attitude with customer service orientation and willingness to “roll up shirtsleeves” as a fundraising generalist expected to get the work done.
- Must enjoy working in a fun, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to NFTE’s mission and core values.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required; experience with Raiser’s Edge and/or Salesforce preferred.
- Ability to connect NFTE’s work and partnerships into the larger landscape of inter-related issues within education, employment, youth, and economic development.
Why our employees love working at NFTE:
- Passionate team committed to an exciting, dynamic mission
- Competitive salary
- Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance are fully paid by the company
- 403(B) with company match
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA): Employee pre-tax savings for personal medical expenses not covered by health plan
- Dependent Care Account (DCA): Employee pre-tax savings for child care services
- Transportation savings account (TSA): Employee pre-tax savings for public transit and parking services
- Paid Family Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Generous Vacation (PTO) and additional Holiday Break (from Christmas to New Year’s Day)
- Recognition, incentive, bonus programs
- The position can be based in either DC or Baltimore (DC preferred).
- The position will travel as necessary, locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this role.
- NFTE uses WeWork co-working space.
NFTE (Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship) is an internationally recognized education nonprofit that activates the entrepreneurial mindset in young people. Research shows that the entrepreneurial mindset—skills and behaviors including innovation, self-reliance, comfort with risk, communication, and problem-solving—prepares young people for lifelong success. Equipped with the mindset, as well as with the business and academic skills that NFTE teaches, NFTE students are ready to thrive in the innovation economy no matter what path they choose. NFTE focuses its work on under-resourced communities across the U.S. and in eight other countries around the world.
Go to NFTE’s website Careers page. Please attach your resume along with a brief cover letter. In your cover letter please respond to the following three points:
- Your experience as it directly relates to the requirements listed in the job description.
- Why you want to work for NFTE.
- Your salary requirements/expectations.
*Your cover letter is important. Candidates who express interest by following directions and providing the requested cover letter will be given priority.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com