The Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) seeks a Program Associate for our NYC Metro regional area, a team entering an exciting phase of growth and innovation. The Program Associate oversees and directs program strategy and design for NFTE’s experiential curriculum and quality youth in-school and after-school/summer entrepreneurship programs. Reporting to the Regional Director, this position is responsible for creating and overseeing the implementation of the NFTE program and curriculum across the area. The Program Associate needs to be teacher-centric in developing innovative ways to support teachers and their classroom needs utilizing NFTE programs. The position will be based within the greater NYC Metro Area.
The Program Associate will be instrumental in maintaining and developing relationships with district leaders, school administrators, teachers, community-based organizations, and local colleges/universities as well as attracting and developing relationships with new schools, networks of schools, and potential partners. The Program Associate will also be responsible for supporting relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders in the region, including, but not limited to: corporate and foundation partners, individual donors, Regional Advisory Board members, volunteers, NFTE alumni, and community leaders.
This position is for a candidate who will work from a strong foundation in order to use already proven methods, and also create and design new strategies, to best implement and deliver NFTE programs and support services. The position requires rich creativity, an entrepreneurial mindset, and strategic thinking.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Establish a routine schedule of school visits and check-ins (both virtual and in-person post-COVID19) to support implementation, monitor program instruction and progress, deepen teacher mastery of program pedagogy following training sessions, and to support key volunteer events with partners throughout the region.
- Act as a thought partner with school leaders to identify needs and match NFTE programs to support strong teaching and learning and successful student experiences.
- Participate in the general teacher screening and selection of teachers when applicable.
- Oversee and monitor the use of program resources throughout the region and build personalized tools/resources to deepen impact on students.
- Identify training needs of teachers and support annual and recurring training sessions.
- Participate in the design and organization of quarterly workshops as part of NFTE’s Professional Learning Community (PLC) when applicable.
- Gain understanding of partner schools’ cultures and serve as the face of NFTE to excite and engage students as they progress through impactful program experiences.
- Support school-initiated activities such as open houses, academic competitions, parent nights, etc. when possible.
- Capture program outcomes and assess results with NFTE team members to identify trends, evaluate program fidelity, and broaden support measures.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
- Participate in school engagement conversations and onboarding as directed by the Regional Director.
- Support alumni, volunteer, and event responsibilities under the direction of the Regional Director.
- Support NFTE communication and storytelling efforts to raise brand awareness and share NFTE’s mission, vision, and impact with stakeholders throughout the region.
- Responsible for providing overall operational support to all programmatic activities.
- Collaborate and coordinate the efforts of veteran teachers in implementing instructional support model services.
- Allocate available resources to the strategic plan and activities implemented out of Mid-Atlantic Regional office.
- Assess needs of NFTE teachers, provide professional development, and instructional monitoring support.
- On a quarterly basis, review NFTE assessment data and evaluate relevant teacher reports.
- Build collaborative relationships with NFTE colleagues across the country to share best practices and establish programmatic efficiencies.
- Maintain records and communications to stakeholders (via newsletter, etc.).
- Support the evaluation of office staff and/or interns when applicable.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree in business, nonprofit management, entrepreneurship, education, or policy is a plus.
- A minimum of 3 years’ professional experience with at least 2 years in a school environment as a teacher and/or previous experience working with teachers is strongly preferred. Experience teaching in schools in the region and strong familiarity with school districts and community partners in the area is preferred.
- Strong track record of success in the classroom, working closely to innovate and differentiate instruction, build capacity and community with teachers and/or principals, or developing and implementing system-wide reform strategies, is preferred.
- A history of taking on additional responsibilities in roles.
- Strong belief in NFTE’s mission and a passion for improving public schools and for increasing the opportunities for students from under-represented communities.
- Strong track record of using technology in the classroom and using innovation to meet the needs of students and/or communities.
- Familiarity with business concepts and experience utilizing a project-based approach to instruction.
- Strong people management and relationship experience.
- Strong planning, organizational, and prioritization skills.
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively, display strong leadership, and be able to manage multiple projects.
- Strategic planning and implementation or project management experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; High standards of excellence and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Customer service and customer satisfaction orientation.
- Capacity to deal with ambiguity.
- Business technology skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Eventbrite, evite, Dropbox, and other software experience and skills necessary and the ability to learn additional software/ technology. Familiarity with Salesforce and/or other CRM databases is a plus.
- Experience working on grants and/or in the partnership development space is a big plus.
- This is a full-time position to be based within the New York metro area.
- NFTE positions are currently 100% remote – utilizing employee home office locations. Where feasible, WeWork type locations may also be utilized as needed combined with remote work from home settings.
- This position will have a consistent presence in the field working to support programs and collaborate within the K-12 space (post-COVID19); 50%-75% travel during busy months is not uncommon. Mileage/Transit reimbursement is provided for approved travel.
- When not performing duties in the field, the position will report to the Regional Office in Manhattan; Standard office work environment; necessary office tools provided.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this role.
Why our employees love working at NFTE:
- Internationally recognized educational nonprofit committed to a dynamic mission
- Competitive salary with a total rewards suite of outstanding competitive benefits, including:
- NFTE sponsored Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance (fully paid by NFTE)
- 403(B) Retirement Savings Plan with generous company match
- Generous PTO (extensive vacation/holidays/personal time; paid sick time)
Summer Fridays, Flex Time, Paid Family Leave, Short and Long term Disability, and “NFTE Time” (additional paid holiday break between Christmas and New Year’s Day)
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA): Pre-tax savings for expenses not covered by plan
- Dependent Care Account (DCA): Pre-tax savings for childcare services
- Transportation Savings Account (TSA): Pre-tax savings for transit and parking services
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Professional development support through learning opportunities (internal workshops, external conferences, and organizational projects)
- Merit-driven recognition and performance management programs
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Telecommuting (via remote work from home options)
NFTE is an internationally recognized education nonprofit that activates the entrepreneurial mindset in young people. Research shows that the entrepreneurial mindset – skills and behaviors including innovation, self-reliance, comfort with risk, communication, and problem-solving – prepares young people for lifelong success. Equipped with the mindset, as well as with the business and academic skills that NFTE teaches, NFTE students are ready to thrive in the innovation economy no matter what path they choose. NFTE focuses its work on underserved communities across the U.S. and in 14 other countries around the world.
To apply for this job please visit www.nfte.com.