National Network of Abortion Funds
Application Deadline: July 24, 2021, 11:59PM CT for full consideration
Instructions: Click the following link abortionfunds.bamboohr.com/jobs and upload your resume and cover letter. If you have any questions or trouble with the application process, send a message to jobs [at] abortionfunds.org
Estimated Date to Hire: October 12, 2021
- June 24 – Job Posting Opens
- July 24 – Job Posting Closes
- August 9 – Conduct Phone Screens
- August 23 – Conduct Virtual Interviews
- Sept 6 – Conduct Final Interviews
- Sept 13 – Selection, Reference Checks & Job Offer
- October 12 – Day One!
Are you looking for us?
You understand how strong, streamlined data systems can transformatively support staff and their work. You are known amongst your colleagues as a go-to person for tips and tricks with tech — as the timely, responsive, friendly helping hand who makes their lives easier. You geek out over non-profit Salesforce administration, and are excited by centering NNAF’s four core values of compassion, autonomy, collective power and intersectionality in your approach to IT & technology.
The National Network of Abortion Funds (NNAF) builds power with members to remove financial and logistical barriers to abortion access by centering people who have abortions and organizing at the intersections of racial, economic and reproductive justice. Together with our members, we advocate for cultural and political change to ensure access for people who face the greatest obstacles to abortion access: women with lower income, women of color, young women, and transgender and gender nonconforming people. This is an exciting time for NNAF as we grow, nurture new funds emerging in underserved areas, deepen our support for funds working within the reproductive justice framework, and co-lead a bold national coalition campaign to increase abortion access by restoring Medicaid coverage for abortion. We are working to make access to abortion a reality for everyone, no matter their resources. We are building a movement, mentoring young leaders, and working toward a world in which everyone can shape their own futures and families. We invite you to join us as the newest member of our dedicated and growing team at a time when we are explicitly focused on scaling our network and building the infrastructure of abortion funds to be fully staffed organizations with robust abortion funding budgets.
NNAF is comprised of a multi-racial, multi-religious, gender expansive staff of 60, located across the United States. We know how important it is to support our remote staff to maintain connection and cohesiveness as a team. To this end, we ensure weekly one-on-one supervision, face-to-face virtual staff meetings, quarterly in-person meetings, and more.
Title: Data Systems (Salesforce) Coordinator
Supervised by: Senior Data Systems Manager
Status: The position is full-time, non-exempt, salaried
Compensation: $60,960 – $64,008 commensurate with experience, with competitive benefits package
Benefits: Best in Class benefits package currently including 100% employer paid health insurance plus 50% for dependents/families, a 5% employer retirement match, 32-hour work weeks, 3 weeks vacation, 13 holidays, generous sick time, and a commitment to professional development.
The Data Systems Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance, and improvement of NNAF’s Salesforce implementation. They are a key member of NNAF’s growing IT team and will be the second Salesforce Administrator on staff. They play a key role in continually adapting current systems to evolving needs, and will support the Senior Data Systems Manager in operationalizing strategic priorities and projects. They are passionate about supporting their colleagues’ best work through strong systems that solve current problems while being built to scale. The position requires frequent collaboration with other staff across all teams, with the aim of instilling a culture of effective use of Salesforce within the entire organization to more effectively structure, organize, and advance NNAF’s mission.
Essential Job Functions
Support Salesforce use & adoption (approximately 45% of the position)
- Handle basic administrative functions including user maintenance, modification of page layouts, creation of new fields & automation, and other routine tasks as needed and/or directed, and in accordance with best practices.
- Work with Senior Data Systems Manager in bi-weekly sprints to triage & manage work, debrief on projects, and assist with addressing backlogged items.
- Troubleshoot with staff of 45+ Salesforce users, taking ownership of Cases (individual help desk tickets) to answer questions and make suggested customizations.
- Develop and refine relevant reports & dashboards across departments; advise other staff, especially superusers, on running reports, and building reports & dashboards for their respective workflows.
- Regularly check in with Salesforce-using staff to support them in feeling confident in & comfortable with their use of the system (SABWA as best as we can in a remote environment!)
- Gather detailed requests for improvements or changes to the system. Surface staff pain points to Sr. Data Systems Manager and suggest process improvements & changes based on staff feedback and observed workflows.
- Coordinate with supervisor & Salesforce Consultants, following best practices for change & release management. Assist with user testing & representing staff needs as new functionality is developed and released.
- Support with Salesforce plug-ins, eg. Nintex document generation, becoming expert and key staff resource in plug-ins where applicable. Coordinate support tickets with 3rd party systems as appropriate
Maintain data quality and streamlined workflows (approximately 20% of the position)
- Maintain day-to-day manual processes as needed, with eye to limiting manual support.
- Address duplicate data both reactively and proactively.
- Administer weekly, monthly & quarterly cadence of data maintenance tasks.
- Perform imports & mass updates as directed or applicable. Support with migrations and data preparation.
- Participate in data governance efforts; help ensure that data standards are set and adhered to throughout the organization.
Train & teach staff Salesforce (approximately 15% of the position)
- Run report & dashboards workshops for staff, in coordination with colleagues.
- Support new hires with Salesforce onboarding sessions.
- Demo new functionality to staff; make adjustments and incorporate staff feedback into solutions.
- Contribute to and help maintain system documentation & end user training materials.
Continued education & supporting NNAF in best practices (approximately 10% of the position)
- Internalize Salesforce release notes & maintain up-to-date knowledge of core Salesforce & NPSP features and functionality.
- Learn & try on new features and functionality ahead of time (eg. in sandboxes or Trailhead) to inform on limitations, applicability, and training needs.
- Follow IT & security best practices to keep data safe and secure, and support staff in doing the same.
Other (approximately 10% of the position)
- Actively participate in required convenings, summits, retreats, and staff meetings, and participate in required virtual staff communications.
- Protect the organization by keeping information confidential.
- Update professional knowledge by participating in educational opportunities approved by NNAF, maintaining networks, and participating in professional organizations as relevant to your role.
- Perform duties required of all staff to support smooth internal operations such as submitting timely expense reports, reimbursement requests, and timesheets.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Ability to travel as job requires, approximately six times minimum per year. Travel will primarily be overnight, for approximately 1-6 days, and national. Regardless of where employee lives, and barring travel delays outside of an individual’s control, employee must be able to arrive at destination on-time.
Please note: Due to COVID-19, NNAF has suspended all travel to minimize risk of exposure for staff through the end of the year. This applies to all NNAF related work. We will update the travel suspension only when the pandemic significantly improves and conditions become safer.
- Responsible for day-to-day Salesforce questions and feature requests, resolving Cases on time (within 2 weeks) at least 80% of the time.
- Conduct ongoing data maintenance tasks: completing weekly tasks within a day from close of week, monthly tasks within 3 days from close of month, and quarterly tasks within 1 week from close of quarter.
- Design and hold regular, ongoing Salesforce trainings for staff; hold at least one Salesforce refresher or continued learning workshop per quarter, and ensure all new hires are appropriately onboarded within two months of hire.
- Submit all baseline work accurately and on time every cycle. Baseline work includes Certify (monthly) or submitting reimbursements within 90 days of expenses, workplanning in Trello (keeping your own annual and quarterly workplan updated and participating in maintaining your department’s), Slack and email communication (daily), timesheets in ADP (bi-weekly), participating in all staff meetings (monthly) and department meetings, and consistently working core hours.
Job experience requirements
- Two to four years relevant work experience.
- One or more years experience with Salesforce and/or nonprofit data systems administration, with emphasis in NPSP and/or Sales Cloud or Service Cloud. Working knowledge of the platform, the ability to build custom apps, objects, fields, workflows, list views, and other content of intermediate complexity.
- A demonstrated ability to understand and follow complex workflows across multiple teams.
Specific skill sets
- Strong attention to detail, specifically with regards to data, systems & processes, logical fallacies, instructions & documentation.
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and organize information, work independently and use good judgment. A documented history of successful project completion.
- Curiosity about process & process improvements. Ability to see a system for its parts and identify most likely points of failure in the case of an error.
- Excellence in explaining technical concepts to people without specialized or technical knowledge, and adapting training materials to different learning styles. Commitment to accessibility of technical systems and materials.
- Capacity and interest in supporting staff with technical systems & solutions in a remote environment.
- Adept with technology, and ability to quickly learn new systems & processes.
- Comfort with Microsoft Excel and/or spreadsheets.
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Strong reading comprehension skills and willingness to absorb a considerable amount of reading materials.
Preferred skill sets
- Expertise in document generation or mail merge solutions (eg. Nintex, Conga, or WebMerge).
- Strength in requirements gathering, business analysis, and technical project management.
- Experience with Salesforce Experience Cloud (formerly known as Salesforce Communities), Service Cloud, and Knowledge.
- Salesforce certification (with preference for Certified Administrator, Advanced Administrator, Community Cloud, or Nonprofit Cloud Consultant).
- Working knowledge of Alchemer (formerly known as SurveyGizmo), Classy, Campaign Monitor, Apsona, and/or OwnBackup.
- Familiarity with SOQL.
- Experience with data analysis in Tableau or other business intelligence tools.
- Committed to abortion access and full reproductive health care for all.
- Committed to an intersectional framework that includes, but is not limited to gender, economic, and racial justice.
- Ability to enjoy collaboration and be a part of a dynamic, highly productive and integrated team; maintain flexibility and effectively manage ambiguity in a responsive work environment.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, creative, and able to work without significant day-to-day supervision.
- Open to giving and receiving feedback and committed to practicing this regularly.
- Belief in bucking the trend through progressive policies to create a new vision for our future.
- Appreciation of working with diverse staff and board in an organization committed to racial justice.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with different abilities to perform the essential functions.
- Depending on location, a combination of in-office and virtual office at this time. Must be able to participate in online virtual communications including email, video conferencing, and other online tools used to facilitate virtual office culture and work sharing.
- This position is full time, with employee’s regular full time schedule to be approved by supervisor. Regular hours must include attendance during core business hours from 12:00pm – 5:00pm Eastern Time, Monday through Thursday. Occasional work on evenings and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to conduct business in English; however, fluency in languages other than English is a plus.
- Smoke- and drug (illegal or recreational)-free environment.
- Some work at off-site locations may be required; NNAF aims for accessibility in any off-site location that we have control of, but some of them may not be fully accessible.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and scanners. Employee is regularly required to communicate effectively via computer, via phone, and in person.
- This role requires frequent sitting.
NNAF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual based on any non-merit factor, and is committed to an equitable workplace where everyone is treated as a respected and valued member of the team. In fact, NNAF actively seeks to build and maintain a diverse staff with regard to race, culture, ethnicity, class, religion, physical ability, age, gender, and sexual orientation. As an organization working in solidarity with the reproductive justice movement, NNAF is committed to fostering the leadership and elevating the voices of women, young people, people of color, Native people, immigrant and refugees, low-income people, LGBQ+, and transgender, gender non-conforming, and non-binary people, people who have had abortions, people with disabilities, young parents, people who were formerly imprisoned, people who have received funding for abortions, and people living in the many intersections of these experiences. We encourage people from these communities to apply.
To apply for this job please visit abortionfunds.bamboohr.com.