Website Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
The MIT McGovern Institute for Brain Research (MIBR) seeks a coordinator to implement operational and administrative activities, from conception to completion, for programs/projects related to several MIBR research centers, including the Tan-Yang Autism Center, Yang-Tan Molecular Therapeutics Center, Poitras Center for Psychiatric Disorders Research, Yang Post- Baccalaureate program, several graduate and postdoctoral fellowship programs, and two new centers being announced this fall.
Responsibilities span a range of program/project management, fellowship appointment and tracking, communications management (including website updates and annual center reports), event planning, and finance activities. Will support the coordination of research initiatives; coordinate workshops, meetings, and other activities within and across multiple centers, including those at other universities; monitor progress of overall portfolio of projects; coordinate scientific advisory board meetings and follow up; and maintain and track annual center budgets and fellowship appointments.
A full description is available at https://mcgovern.science/careers.
· Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred)
· At least two years’ administrative, operations, and/or project/program management experience
· Excellent organizational, planning, problem-solving, task completion, facilitation, relationship-building, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills
· Experience coordinating and project managing multiple initiatives, each with strict but variable deadlines and reporting requirements
· Attention to detail
· Discretion with confidential information Proficiency and experience with MS Office (including Excel, Word and PowerPoint), WordPress, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
· Ability to prioritize and juggle simultaneous tasks, meet deadlines, and deliver high-quality results; help manage a multi-investigator research program; work both independently and collaboratively as part of a diverse team; and work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment
Interested candidates may apply online at: https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_mit/external/jobDetails/jobDetail.html?jobPostId=21673&localeCode=en-us.
Please reference job number 20149.
MIT is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and strongly encourage applications from individuals from all identities and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive equitable consideration for employment based on their experience and qualifications, andwill not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin. MIT’s full policy on Nondiscrimination can be found here.
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.com.