An international human rights organization
MADRE is an international women’s human rights organization and feminist fund that partners with community-based women’s groups in Africa, Asia and the Paciﬁc, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the Middle East who face war and disaster. MADRE works towards a world in which all people enjoy the fullest range of individual and collective human rights; resources are shared equitably and sustainably; women participate effectively in all aspects of society; and people have a meaningful say in decisions that affect their lives.
MADRE offers a comprehensive model of support to our grassroots partners using three interconnected strategies—grantmaking, organizational strengthening, and legal advocacy—to meet urgent needs and create opportunities for women and girls in marginalized communities to assert their agency and voice.
Using these strategies, MADRE provides long-term and ﬂexible ﬁnancial and direct service support to community-based women’s and girls’ groups who are largely under the radar of traditional philanthropy and/or where conﬂict or disaster have rendered them difﬁcult to fund and challenging to reach. We work at the intersection of three program areas—Ending Gender Violence, Advancing Climate Justice, and Building a Just Peace—and across ﬁve priority communities who are disproportionately marginalized: young women and girls, Indigenous women, Afro-descendant women, LGBTIQ people, and people with disabilities.
The ﬁrst grant maker to hundreds of organizations, in MADRE’s nearly 40-year history, we have disbursed over $56 million in grants and in-kind support to organizations across the globe.
Learn more about MADRE’s work at: https://www.madre.org/. Position Summary
MADRE marketing is driven by raising the visibility of our brand and theory of change. When one thinks about how to achieve a just world and uphold human rights, we want them to think of MADRE and our grassroots partners’ work.
MADRE is seeking a detail-oriented Communications and Marketing Associate to assist in the communications and marketing efforts across all programs and activities. The individual is paramount to the Communications and Marketing team, keeps related work moving in the right direction and helps position MADRE for growth and success by providing administrative and creative support.
The Communications and Marketing Associate reports to the Marketing Supervising Manager and supports all MADRE’s communications and marketing tasks and projects. This position contributes to the execution of comms initiatives by owning and optimizing tracking, planning, and development systems including CRM databases and MADRE’s editorial calendar. Working with the Marketing Supervisor, the Associate will run/prepare analytical reports to provide actionable insights on MADRE’s external facing performance and improvement.
The position is currently fully remote and is suited for someone with a passion for social justice and an understanding of branding.
Work under the direct supervision of the marketing manager to:
● Supporting the creation of marketing reports, including, but not limited to, website analytics, email marketing, and advertising.
● Upload content to the website and make front-end changes.
● Assist with the creation and maintenance of marketing automation tools in Salesforce/Pardot; including formatting and sending mass emails.
● Assist with the advertising and SEO program.
● Maintain MADRE’s editorial calendar by coordinating with other department to ensure campaigns, emails, and other marketing efforts are entered into the schedule.
● Collaborate with the communications and marketing team to
handle administrative tasks related to speaking engagement, events, and media.
● Handle the communications and marketing invoices and ensure the budget-to-actuals document is up-to-date.
● Maintain MADRE media archive and media proﬁles in Salesforce.
● Perform other administrative tasks as needed.
● Enthusiasm for the communications process and messaging strategy
● Keen attention to detail
● Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize tasks
● Understanding of social justice spaces and a passion for human rights
● Ease with using data and systems such as Salesforce, Pardot, and Google Analytics
● Experience with digital asset management, email marketing, and CRM systems is an advantage
● Understanding of and comfortable with digital platforms
● Commitment to a culture of growth and learning in work and among peers
● Comfort with working in a ﬂexible in-person and remote environment
This role requires the eligibility to work in the United States. While this job is remote with a base anywhere inside the United States it will require occasional in-person meetings at MADRE’s headquarters in New York City. Minimal international and domestic travel may be required when the pandemic subsides.
(b) Physical/Sensory Demands Fast-paced working environment. Extensive computer usage and online engagement & communication. Must be willing to build inclusive relationships and collaborate with employees at all levels within the organization and external partners.
The full-time salary range for this position is $60,000. This is a union-represented position.
We’re proud to offer our employees an exceptional beneﬁts package that is robust, inclusive, and progressive. Our comprehensive beneﬁts package, includes but is not limited to:
● Medical Insurance – Employee and dependent coverage paid 100% by MADRE
● Dental Insurance
● Vision Insurance
● Retirement Plan
● Employee Assistance
● Flexible Work Options
● Generous Leave Policies (incl. Vacation, Sick, Holiday Leave, and Parental Leave)
Please apply and submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials by March 10, 2023.
Statement of Equal Opportunity Employment
MADRE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Black, Indigenous, People of Color, recent immigrants, persons with disabilities, LGBTIQ+ people, and other historically marginalized people from under-represented backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence by integrating an intersectional justice lens into all our recruitment efforts.
Studies have shown that people from historically marginalized groups are less likely to apply for speciﬁc positions unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualiﬁcations listed in a job description. MADRE values lived experience and are highly committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization that centers on intersectional justice. We actively seek to reach candidates from directly impacted communities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org