The Kennedy Center is the nation’s cultural center.
The Director of Planned Giving will lead a dynamic team of fundraisers who collaborate across the entire Development office to research, cultivate, acquire, and steward the planned giving portfolio, which includes the Kennedy Center’s Legacy Societies. The Director will be responsible for a significant portion of the Kennedy Center’s income targets and will have an exciting opportunity to build the planned giving pipeline, advance existing programs, and design and implement a multi-year growth strategy.
The Director of Planned Giving reports to the Vice President of Individual Giving, and also works collaboratively across Development leadership and senior staff, as well as the Office of the President.
The Director also manages complex internal and external relationships, maintains systems to maximize productivity and financial results, and proactively advances the objectives and goals of multiple campaigns. This position oversees one Manager, who in turn oversees two Assistant Managers.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of five years of direct experience in planned giving; additional relevant experience in estate planning, tax advising, or other legal experience welcome.
- Track record of success in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors and prospects in the planned giving and/or trust and estate gift management arena required.
- Experience managing a high-performing team that met or exceeded goals, through effective goal-setting, prioritization, delegation, and team-building.
- Ability to collaborate across a matrixed organization to leverage the expertise of other departments, work together to effect change and achieve shared goals
- Knowledge and training in planned giving and financial principles, trends, and understanding of planned giving in a large cultural institution or non-profit environment is beneficial.
- Experience with Tessitura or nonprofit experience with a CRM database is beneficial.
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.