Website Hopeloft, A NJ Nonprofit Corporation
Hopeloft is a nonprofit organization that invests in communities by working alongside people and projects who inspire change, advocate for social justice, and commit to meeting the immediate needs of local children and families. Our mission is to create opportunities for our communities to thrive, and replicate our model across the nation and around the globe.
For more information, please visit www.hopeloft.com
Hopeloft is looking for a dynamic, detail-oriented professional with experience in financial administration within the nonprofit sector. Related experience or familiarity in operating multiple budgets simultaneously and/or small business accounting is preferred.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Bookkeeper/Payroll specialist will be responsible for the operational functions related to general bookkeeping, grant administration, and personnel administration. This position is an exciting opportunity for an individual with a strong financial background that is mission driven and excels while working within a collaborative team.
Responsibilities and duties
• Balance and maintain company general ledger, cash receipts, cash disbursements, A/P and A/R ledgers
• Perform data entry into QuickBooks online
• Coordinate bank deposits and report financial results on a regular basis to management
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
• Pay vendor invoices upon management approval
• Develop monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets
• Enter cash receipts upon management approval
• Assist with budget preparation and forecasting.
• Processing employee time sheets and payroll
• Assist in completion and submission of grant applications and reports
• Ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
• Participate in audit preparation
• Manage and provide support to role related functions as needed to partner agencies such as CASA of CGS and Century Bakery.
• Maintain office supplies
• Complete other financial/ HR related functions as assigned
Up to 35 hrs/week, $25-$30 per/hr, commensurate with experience.
How to apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject being “Hopeloft-Bookkeeper”
To apply for this job please visit www.hopeloft.com.