Website Honor Community Health
FQHC co-located in 20 locations in Oakland County
Honor Community Health is a 501c3 Federally Qualified Health Center co-located within 20 locations. Our mission is to provide for the health and wellness needs of the underserved of Oakland County through the provision of comprehensive, integrated primary, behavioral health, and dental care. We serve all populations regardless of their ability to pay. Our team is passionate about serving the people of Oakland County.
*NOTE: All employees are required to receive the COVID-19 Vaccine.
The Behavioral Health Clinician I will provide clinical behavioral health services in our school-based health centers to assure a professional, skilled program of care and treatment is administered. The Behavioral Health Clinician will work within the health centers to provide professional counseling services to all members of the community and work collaboratively with the onsite clinicians.
We currently have several open positions available in our school sites. The candidate will need to be available during school hours. Our standard hours are Monday-Friday, 7:00am-4:00pm. We are currently accepting candidates with Limited License or Fully Licensed. This position reports to the Supervisor, Behavioral Health Services.
- Consultation with PCPs and other mental health professionals to enhance understanding of the patient, provide decision support for treatment planning and assist in the implementation and monitoring of biopsychosocial treatment plans.
- Productivity expectation of a trained BHC is an average of 6-10 behavioral health consultations/counseling per clinical day.
- Develops treatment plans and reviews as needed/indicated.
- Accepts referrals from the medical provider regarding patients’/student psychological / behavioral needs.
- With appropriate medical release, works with school based social workers, school counselors, community probation officers and clinical staff to develop a plan of care for each client.
- Limited psychological assessment as appropriate. Individual, couples, and/ or family counseling with patients, including a) functional and strength-based assessment and diagnosis, b) psychoeducation for patients and their support systems, c) medication adherence counseling and disease self-management counseling, d) motivational Interviewing to develop behavioral strategies aimed at symptom reduction, e) brief problem solving and solutions-focused interventions aimed at modifying negative thinking and promoting self-efficacy, f)follow-up counseling regarding personal options, psychosocial stressors, and lifestyle risks, g) self-care plan development and skills training to facilitate disease self-management, improved coping, distress tolerance, stress reduction, and relaxation,) substance use/ abuse evaluation, identification of maladaptive coping strategies, and development of harm reduction strategies, i) provides case management, advocacy, and resource linkage as needed, j) develop and facilitate support groups as necessary, k) meet regularly with other school-based health center staff and occasionally with school-based health center advisory group, l) periodically attend state school-based health center workshops and other appropriate continuing education functions, m) provide written and verbal descriptions of activity reports for funding agencies, n) maintain professional relationship with school faculty and staff and referral resources.
- Coordination of Care – Provide consultation to and coordinate care of patients with health center primary care staff. Identify, refer, and advocate for patients needing specialty behavioral health service, and other services as needed.
- Crisis Intervention – Be immediately available to the health center staff during working hours in the event of a psychiatric emergency. Participate as a member of the health center staff in the event of any other kind of emergency.
- Charting – Complete all charting as needed and required by contacted funding sources: including assessments, progress notes, and billing. Charting should be completed in a timely fashion, no later than 24 hours.
- Communicates with third party payers to obtain necessary authorization for services. Works with HONOR COMMUNITY HEALTH staff to address billing issues.
- Assist in provider training and education in the primary care behavioral health model.
- Facilitates and coordinates care of patients to ensure quality outcomes. Participate in quality improvement activities and actively participate in health center meetings related to integrated care.
- Participate in local/national behavior health trainings and conferences
- Other assigned duties
What are we looking for?
- Must be a licensed Clinical Social Worker in the State of Michigan or a fully licensed Psychologist in the State of Michigan (LMSW, LPC)
- Limited Licenses may be considered (LLMSW, LLPC, LLC)
- A Master’s degree in social work, or related field, with a minimum of two years’ experience as a therapist and a current license to practice in Michigan as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker OR a Doctoral degree in psychology, with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a therapist and a current license to practice in Michigan as a Psychologist
- Must maintain BLS Certification through the American Heart Association.
- A flexible and positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Create excellent patient experience / Patient focused mindset
What do we Offer?
- Competitive Wages
- 401k with company match
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employer Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 4-6 Weeks Paid Time Off for Full-Time Employees
- Paid Time off for Part-Time Employees
- Paid Diversity Day and Holidays
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Parental Leave
- LifeMart Discount Program for all employees
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) Allowance for Clinicians
- Free Malpractice Insurance
- License Reimbursement
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness to all Full-Time Employees
- National Health Service Corp (NHSC) for licensed health care providers and offers up to $50,000 toward student loans
Why work for Honor?
Honor is a patient directed and community driven Federally Qualified Health Center.
We ensure that patients come first by providing enabling services to assist patients with specific barriers to care such as transportation, translation, food security, and other social services.
Our staff is passionate about providing all members of the community with access to quality health care regardless of their situation.
Remote Prescreening Interview Process
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a criminal record check and reference check.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people and patients is one of our greatest strengths, and inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver the best services to our employee and patients. Honor Community Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
To apply for this job please visit oaklandintegratedhealthcarenetwork.applytojob.com.