Heartbeat of Lima
Are you passionate about foundations that provide support to their communities and looking for an opportunity to thrive and make a difference? If so, our client, a faith-based organization that’s making a difference in life is looking for an Executive Director that is passionate about the mission and ministry of Heartbeat of Lima.
The Executive Director has full responsibility for the pregnancy center and is in charge of overseeing Heartbeat of Lima’s strategic vision and driving the growth of the ministry. The primary areas of responsibility will be administrative, development, and community relations/public relations. The Executive Director manages employees and maintains relationships with clients, community members, donors, the Executive Committee, and the Board of Directors. The Executive Director has overall responsibility for the financial health and stability of Heartbeat of Lima, as well as the execution of fundraising events and cultivating current and new major donors.
- Provide leadership, support and direction to other staff and volunteers.
- Conduct written and oral evaluations of other staff on a yearly basis.
- Coordinate with Treasurer and other staff on annual budget that is presented to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Oversee and ensure that accurate and current financial records are kept and reported to the Board monthly.
- Coordinate a yearly calendar for the ministry and implementation of special events.
- Ensure that all center policies are carried out, as well as coordinate with appropriate staff, that approved new policies are implemented.
- Hold weekly meetings with staff to be comprised of client and staff needs and progress.
- Attend all Board meetings and present a monthly report.
- Oversee management of eKyros.
- Collaborates with the Board of Directors in overall governance of organization.
- Oversees the Client Services Director and all staff. Ensures quality and other standards are being met in the implementation of all client services.
- Follows appropriate guidelines (governmental, organizational, professional, etc.) and implements said plans, evaluates effectiveness, and makes changes as needed and appropriate.
- Demonstrates strong servant leadership by supporting and promoting harmony and a ministry of restoration/reconciliation modeled after Christ’s example.
- Performs special projects or tasks as assigned by the Board.
- Oversee execution of major fundraising events and direct mail pieces and newsletters.
- Develop and execute a program to appeal to church mission boards for financial support.
- Communicate with donors on a regular basis.
- Involvement with visibility and possible expansion of the pregnancy center ministry in the community.
- Work with the Board of Directors to produce long and short-term objectives to accomplish the ministry goals of the center.
- Work with the Board of Directors to develop a yearly Strategic Plan.
- Search out and apply for grants that are appropriate for the organization.
- Foster growth and stability of the organization, including fundraising, public relations, and marketing.
- Regularly analyzes the needs of the organization for daily operation and develops plans to meet the dynamic needs of the organization.
- Communicate and interact with other community organizations, governmental agencies and leaders, media, donors, and prospective donors for the purpose of educating and fostering good relationships and support.
- Represent the ministry and services of the pregnancy center to the community and the media.
- Develop, oversee, and revise promotional materials used in presenting the pregnancy center to clients, community, and churches.
- Educate the local community, including churches, pastors, community groups, as well as the professional community, about the pregnancy center ministry with the goal of obtaining support and involvement with the ministry.
- Serve as a major representative of the organization to the staff, donors, community and other center constituencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in business or nonprofit administration or related field.
- Two years of experience in an administrative role supervising staff.
- Two years of experience as a volunteer or employee in ministry.
- Be a committed Christian and ardently pro-life and passionate about the mission and ministry of Heartbeat of Lima.
Red Envelope Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.