Website Goodman Community Center
The Goodman Community Center (GCC) is here for our whole community. People from all walks of life and all ages come for programs and services that make their lives — and our community — stronger. We strengthen lives and secure futures within a community where everyone is valued and has the resources they need to be successful. Goodman Community Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Our 4K program at the Goodman Community Center (GCC) is a place for young children 3-5 years of age to learn and grow in a safe and encouraging setting. Child-initiated play as well as intentionally-designed activities are provided in our mixed age classrooms. The 4K teacher works collaboratively with their teaching team and supports the organization and implementation of 4K programming while meeting the goals of GCC in collaboration with the Metropolitan Madison School District. Over the summer months, the 4K teacher helps support programming which is meant to help acclimate new children and families to GCC’s early childhood programming prior to the school year starting in the fall.
- Create weekly lesson plans and schedule implementation while supporting developmentally appropriate practice as well as program goals.
- Ensure a safe and healthy environment both indoors and outdoors that is child-centered, intentionally planned, and adequately resourced. Complete daily tasks assigned.
- Participate in regular cleaning of materials and classroom spaces.
- Maintain classroom organization and rotate materials on a regular basis.
- Create a culturally inclusive classroom with activities that support different cultures and backgrounds.
- Observe interactions with children and work with staff on positive language, effective behavior management, and problem solving with preschool age children.
- Engage children as individuals in a way that allows them to maximize their individual abilities.
- Work with ECE staff and manager to develop and maintain classroom curriculum.
- Ensure all children in program are tracked according to GCC expectations.
- Support children in their emotional and physical growth.
- Focus on milestones children achieve, take notes, and log them according to Creative Curriculum expectations
- Assist children as they discover literacy and math skills and encourage learning to help them find school day success.
- Effectively use GCC behavior guidance techniques to help children develop the ability to become self-disciplined.
- Maintain daily, open communication with parents.
- Work with teaching team to ensure all families are regularly receiving updates of their child’s growth and successes in program.
- Complete appropriate paperwork to assist with increased communication and also participate in parent conferences and scheduled orientations.
- Communicate child concerns and family needs to the ECE team.
- Provide direct supervision to classroom Preschool Teacher.
- Complete all Supervisor responsibilities outlined in Continuous Quality Improvement process including, meeting at least monthly one/one with your classroom teacher. Work collaboratively with Assistant Manager to provide timely feedback and to set SMART goals consistent with program objectives.
- Report any program, staff, volunteer, or family concerns to the Assistant Manager- and assist with follow up meetings, as needed.
- Work with the Assistant Manager – ECE and Assistant Director- Children’s Programming to help assess and measure progress toward goals and outcomes.
- Follow policies and procedures of Goodman Community Center’s Childcare Program.
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to state licensing regulations and City of Madison accreditation standards.
- Work collaboratively with the Metropolitan Madison School District
- Work collaboratively with the early childhood staff. Ensure shared space is respected and utilized effectively.
- Formally observe children’s activities and progress; Manage Creative Curriculum in portfolios, Infinite Campus data collections, and required assessments of 4K children including PALS.
- Organize required parent-teacher conferences and support parent meetings, as needed. Attend weekly staff meetings and quarterly childcare all staff meetings.
- Attend district required 4K professional development meetings.
- Attend continuing education trainings to complete required hours.
- Record time daily and help ensure accurate record of trainings.
- Check email at least once a day and respond to requests in a timely manner.
- Respect confidentiality of GCC families and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Hold an Early Childhood license or an Elementary Education license that includes prekindergarten or kindergarten in the grade levels of the license.
- Meet the Early childhood Registry requirements for one of the following levels: Levels 10-14
- Knowledge of resources in and around the Madison area including resources for childcare programs.
- Familiarity with State of WI Child Care Licensing Rules and Regulations and City of Madison Accreditation Guidelines.
- Preferred Supervisory experience.
- Preferred Familiarity with Creative Curriculum.
- Experience working with staff and families from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Willingness to drive a 15 passenger van with children as passengers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to: sit, stand, walk, bend; and occasionally push, pull, lift and carry objects (up to 50 pounds); sufficient mobility to attend frequent meetings and appointments in community settings; and drive. Job requires frequent verbal and written communication. Willingness to work during peak periods as required and available. Computer, telephone, copier, and fax use are required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an at will relationship.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.