Safer, healthier relationships for children and families.
FamilyForward leads the community in providing innovative solutions for advancing safer, healthier relationships for children and families.
FamilyForward moves vulnerable children in the direction of hope by delivering comprehensive therapeutic and educational services to support biological, foster, and adoptive families.
- Out Front: We are leaders in the use of innovative tools and methods to get better results for the children and families we serve. We prefer to set the pace, testing new ideas and collecting data; always striving to make the biggest impact we can.
- Whole Hearted: We are tirelessly committed to the vision and mission of FamilyForward. We use our unique talents and expertise to serve our clients and community with compassion, acceptance, and respect.
- Rock Solid: We are responsible stewards of an organization with a long and proud history of service. Reliable, trustworthy, and hard-working, we do whatever it takes to get the job done, even when no one is watching.
We Take Care of Our People
- Hybrid work schedule for most positions
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- Virtual, medical and mental health care coverage included in medical insurance, and short-term disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- Company paid long-term disability
- Company paid life insurance of 100% of employee’s base pay, dependents up to $2500, spouse up to $5000
- Health Reimbursement Account for deductible over $1000 for individuals, $2500 for families
- Paid meal breaks
- Paid time off programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- 403(b) (with 3% company match dollar for dollar) eligible on date of hire
- 11 paid holidays
- Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics (NMT) training/experience for all positions
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) eligible employer
The Human Resources Director guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs. The position serves on the Leadership team and assists and advises agency managers on Human Resources issues. Performs as a strategic partner to the Chief Administrative Officer.
Essential Job Functions
- Adhere to the ethical standards of FamilyForward and those of the specific profession.
- Maintain core values standards.
- Identify, recommend, and implement actions to promote and sustain a positive workplace culture.
- Partner with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs and laws.
- Lead the development of department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Establish departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the agency’s strategic goals.
- Develop and administer programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the agency.
- Oversee and manage the work of reporting Human Resources staff.
- Participate in management and staff meetings; attend other meeting and seminars as assigned.
- Lead the recruiting and hiring process.
- Conduct investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Monitor and advise managers and supervisors in the progressive discipline system of the agency.
- Review, guide, and approve management recommendations for employment terminations.
- Lead the development of benefit orientations and other benefits training; Recommend changes in benefits offered.
- Develop in collaboration with agency leadership agency-wide HR policies
- Must complete 20 hours of in-service training annually.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate agency use of insurance brokers, insurance carriers, pension administrators, and other outside sources.
- Perform HR compliance audits and trainings quarterly.
- Utilize the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) for agency recordkeeping.
- Lead the annual performance appraisal process.
- Lead the implementation of agency safety and health programs. Monitor the tracking of OSHA-required data.
- Monitor all pay practices and systems for effectiveness and cost containment.
- Lead participation in at least one salary survey per year.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 10+ years experience in Human Resources.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business, or Organizational Development required.
- PHR or SHRM certification preferred.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices.
- Active affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks and organizations and ongoing community involvement preferred.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations, a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites.
- Familiar with Peoplesoft, ADP, Paycom or equivalent a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop Human Resources staff members.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a successful participant on the Leadership team.
- Ability to work with a high sense of confidentiality.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of agency vision, mission, and services.
- Knowledge of professional office procedures
- Ability to project a positive image and deal effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing needs and time pressures.
- Ability to exercise discretion and sound judgement.
- Ability to disseminate information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to communicate professionally with coworkers, customers, donors, and vendors.
- Ability to create and sustain positive working relationships with all levels of the agency; internal and external.
- Ability to develop and lead collaborative teams
Normal working conditions are absent of extreme factors. Employee will remain in stationary position 50% of the time and frequently lift items up to 25 pounds or greater.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.