Website Facing History and Ourselves
People Make Choices. Choices Make History.
Title: Salesforce Administrator
Reports to: Director, CRM
Location: US Based Home Office
Status: Full Time Exempt
Facing History and Ourselves is a global education non-profit organization that challenges teachers and students to use lessons of history to stand up to bigotry and hate.
We seek a full-time position of Salesforce Administrator to join our growing Technology team.
The Salesforce Admin will bring a high level of expertise in the Salesforce platform, and bring focus to improving the system every day for the staff and organization. Ideally we are looking for someone with advanced Salesforce admin skills who can hit the ground running – a professional who has proven systems experience, interpersonal skills, the ability to work strongly in a team, and a desire to help the mission of the organization.
- A seasoned Salesforce Administrator who understands the capabilities and best practices of Salesforce in a nonprofit context;
- A problem solver who likes to figure out puzzles and solve challenges;
- Methodological, detail oriented, able to be careful and considerate under pressure;
- Focused on making things work, open-minded, willing to look at problems from every angle, with an appetite and patience for getting it right, revisiting, constantly improving;
- Willing to seek help and thought partnership when needed;
- Comfortable working in a small, collaborative team environment
Specific Responsibilities Include:
System Improvement (35%)
- Work to improve and maintain the architecture of the system, its fields, objects, automations, validation rules, and any other features, with an eye on smart architectural choices and long term maintainability;
- Under the direction of and in close cooperation with the CRM Director, make careful, well-considered, long term-oriented configuration changes to the Salesforce platform resulting from either high-level architecture decisions and/or ground-level support requests;
- Make rapid, “low hanging fruit” tweaks to improve user experience and usefulness for staff, based on triaged support requests;
- Develop and test new features under the direction of and in close consultation with the CRM Director;
- Install and maintain 3rd-party tools for uses such as email marketing, form capture, donation processing, and more;
- Participate in thorough and careful testing and QA of fixes and new features;
- Engage in strategic thinking and planning about processes, vision, and improvements;
- Work closely with the other members of the CRM team to arrive at smart, long term-oriented decisions, and cover all of the many disparate areas required for effective management of the platform and people’s use of the CRM.
System Maintenance (35%)
- Update and maintain user records, profiles, permissions, and security;
- Invest time on a regular basis in usability improvements for users of Salesforce such as page layouts, list views, report folders, etc;Maintain system updates and integrated tool updates to ensure a highly functioning, well maintained CRM ecosystem;
- Maintain the universe of sandbox environments to enable meaningful development and testing environments;
- Understand, maintain, and carefully iterate on a complex system of customizations and automations;
- Execute various deep-dive technical projects sometimes working collaboratively, sometimes autonomously – examples include data cleanup, managing a new third-party software integration or composing documentation.
Data Integrity (20%)
- Clean, manipulate, migrate, and improve data as needed to maintain a high level of organizational data integrity, including using external tools when needed;
- Help drive the migration of data residing in legacy systems and spreadsheets into Salesforce;
- Monitor data quality on an ongoing basis to identify and address issues before they become major problems.
Professional Development (10%)
- Maintain proficiency, obtain helpful certifications, and increase expertise in Salesforce usage and nonprofit technology solutions and use cases by attending trainings, reading industry-relevant resources, attending conferences and more
Community & Commitment
In addition, qualified candidates can expect to:
- Engage in special projects and other duties as assigned
- Center principles of equity, inclusion, and belonging in all work, embedding the values in program development, policy application, and organizational practices and processes
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission of Facing History & Ourselves
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability and socio-economic circumstance
- Demonstrate a commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts
Essential Skills and Qualities:
Facing History understands that restrictive job requirements may exclude historically marginalized groups from applying to jobs for which they are qualified. We take an equitable and holistic screening approach. If you feel you have demonstrated experience and expertise relevant to perform this role, please don’t hesitate to apply!
- 3 -5 years of Salesforce architecture and administration experience
- Depth of experience with Salesforce’s Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP)
- Experience using best-in-class integrated tools to manipulate Salesforce data or assist with improving or maintaining the instance
- Experience with and ability to learn a variety of integrated 3rd-party toolsets such as those used for email marketing, donation processing, etc.
- Precision and quality focused; refusal to let details fall through the cracks
- Ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize multiple simultaneous requests, manage laterally and upwards, all with a professional and courteous attitude.
- Experience working in nonprofit organizations and understanding nonprofit business processes.
- Desire to make your co-workers’ lives easier.
- Ability to identify and implement process and policy improvements.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent judgment and decision making skills.
- Ability, appetite, and willingness to quickly learn and adapt.
Benefits Summary: In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, Facing History provides an excellent and competitive compensation and benefits package including medical with a health reimbursement account, dental, vision, life & AD&D, long-term & short-term disability insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with a discretionary organizational contribution, generous paid time off, an employee assistance program, travel assistance plan, pre-tax commuter spending accounts, flexible spending accounts, voluntary Colonial Life group plans, robust wellness programs through Welnys TV, aHealthyMe & weekly virtual yoga and meditation, WellCents 403(b) advisement, and a friendly hybrid work environment.
Facing History values a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Facing History’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. At Facing History, we honor and value the uniqueness of each and every human being. Our strength as an organization that provides and distributes educational content and pedagogy to teachers across the globe is directly tied to our diversity of staff, leadership, educators, students, scholars, and volunteers. Our commitment is to treat individuals with dignity and to build and maintain a community of full participation, inclusive of the voices, needs, and contributions of all. As an organization, we are deeply aware of the legacies of injustices that persist in society and in the workplace, and we value and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in their association with excellence.
Hybrid Work Model (For HQ): Facing History and Ourselves operates in a hybrid work model, allowing staff flexibility in both schedules and work locations. This particular position is home-based. Some travel will be required.
Covid Protocol at Facing History: At Facing History and Ourselves, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 including any boosters required to be “up-to-date” per current CDC guidelines. All new employees must provide proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Requests for medical or religious exemptions should be directed to our Sr. Director, Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com