Website Environmental Traveling Companion s
ETC makes the joy and challenge of outdoor adventures accessible
Environmental Traveling Companions (ETC) is a nonprofit, volunteer-based organization that has been creating and sharing outdoor adventures and environmental education programs for people with disabilities and youth from under-resourced backgrounds for close to five decades. ETC’s Sea Kayaking, Whitewater Rafting, Cross-country Skiing and Youth LEAD programs annually enable over 3,000 people to enjoy accessible, educational, and transformational outdoor adventures.
The Development Director will secure philanthropic resources to fuel ETC’s mission, program growth, and impact. They will have at least 3-5 years of successful nonprofit fundraising experience including: foundation and government grant writing, donor development, and writing for website and social media . The Development Director reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Board of Directors to build donor relationships and inspire a network of supporters to invest in ETC. They will have following key competencies, skills, and mindsets:
- You are inspired by ETC’s mission and community of participants, volunteers and donors and motivated to clearly articulate the impact of our programs to potential funders.
- You see the “ask as natural, exciting and a key part of the process.
- You are a strategic thinker and keep the big picture in mind along with attention to details and the process.
- You are a team player and your colleagues trust you and enjoy collaborating with you to grow ETC’s programs and our funding base.
- You enjoy being part of an enthusiastic, diverse and skilled community dedicated to providing inclusive and educational outdoor adventures for underserved communities.
- You believe in the power of environmental education programs to create a stronger stewardship ethic and impact the protection of our earth and natural resources.
- Researching and writing foundation grant proposals and reports.
- Managing and expanding ETC’s individual donor base through annual appeals, cultivation events and acknowledgement.
- Providing leadership for identifying new funding sources
- Developing and managing ETC’s Fundraising Committee
- Work with Executive Director to produce donor appeals (letters and social media)
- Manage ETC’s Donor Database
- Strategic thinking and long-term planning
- Hire and Manage New Development Associate/Event Planner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A proven track record in grant research, writing and procurement
- Individual donor development
- Experience with database management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Salesforce
- Must be highly organized, self-motivated, flexible and possess a high level of personal integrity
- Knowledge of SF Bay Area philanthropic community a plus
- Enthusiasm for outdoor adventures, and environmental education Knowledge of special populations and a desire to forward ETC’s mission
Full-time with robust benefits package including health, dental, a generous retirement plan, and the opportunity to join ETC adventures to experience our mission in action
Email resume with cover letter detailing your fundraising background, references, and two writing samples (grants and solicitation letter preferred) to: Magen@etctrips.org
Subject: Development Director Search + your name
ETC is an equal opportunity employer We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
To apply for this job please visit etctrips.org.