Education Leaders of Color
Reports to the Director, Organizational Effectiveness. Priority application deadline: January 3, 2022
EdLoC’s mission is to ensure young people of color have the supports needed to thrive, capitalize on opportunities, and build generational wealth.
We do so by ensuring that young people of color from low-income communities have access to wealth-building opportunities that enable them to break the cycle that impedes their and their families’ economic prosperity over time. According to researchers from UC Davis’s Center for Poverty and Inequality, “One-third to one-half of children who are poor for a substantial part of their childhood will be poor as adults,” making intergenerational mobility in the United States lower than in any other developed nation in the world. EdLoC aspires to a day when living in poverty does not determine the fate of your family, generation after generation.
EdLoC’s belief is that by building a network of values-aligned leaders of color and forging a third way, we can pursue the most innovative, effective, life-altering, and rapid solutions to positively impact young people of color’s access to social capital. Capital that will eventually allow them to build legacy, or intergenerational, wealth.
About the Role
EdLoC is looking for a Grants Administrator and Data Analyst to enhance our organization-wide operations and decision-making. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who wants to support a growing organization by building EdLoC’s business intelligence infrastructure.
As our Grants Administrator and Data Analyst, you will coordinate and perform the pre-award planning, organization, and preparation, and the post-award administration of various grants and contracts within EdLoC. To do this well, you will interact with executive leadership, network directors, operational directors, and the finance and administrative team to ensure that grants follow regulatory, funding agency, and policy requirements. You will provide grant management leadership within the organization by seeking and achieving continuous development of grant and financial processes and work product.
The ideal candidate is a reliable individual contributor who succeeds in a highly dynamic setting. Your organizational, communication, and leadership skills are second to none, and you enjoy developing solutions that augment efficiency and accelerate productivity.
Grants Administration (60%)
- Manage all day-to-day grant-related processes, from the development of any new requests for proposals, to executing grant agreements, and monitoring grantee progress.
- Design and build grant application and reporting mechanisms to support each grant program’s goals, objectives, and strategies.
- Serve as staff lead on the online grants management system; inform, train, and manage all aspects of grant and contract administration to grantees and staff.
- Coordinate and manage selection committees, ensuring a fair and equitable decision-making process that reinforces EdLoC’s values.
- Review all grant-related reports and monitor work plans or scopes of work to ensure grantee progress of program objectives.
- Review grantee budget reports to ensure integrity of grant funds.
- Prepare and submit payment requests and ensure timely processing of grant payments.
- Provide ongoing compliance monitoring, tracking and management of program data, and project closeouts of grants.
- Develop and facilitate grantee orientation and technical assistance workshops for grantees.
- Establish/maintain system for collecting and tracking receipt of grantee progress reports on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Coordinate routine correspondence with grantees, applicants, and others.
- Prepare and distribute declination letters, grant agreements, and award letters.
- Coordinate the financial review, monitoring, and other supportive activities needed for prospective and funded partnerships.
- Manage the Financial Review & Audit committee.
- Maintain copies of all invoices and payments to provide audit trail.
- Assist with the development of new policies and procedures related to grants management, and make recommendations that affect existing policies, procedures, and practices.
Program Data and Evaluation (30%)
- Actively participate in organizational planning processes to understand organizational and programmatic goals, data points required to determine goal attainment, how the data will be collected and tracked, who is responsible for tracking data, and what reports must be delivered and when.
- Ensure purposeful data collection that aligns with goals and build inputs, and track client and service data based on goals and objectives.
- Provide database, data entry, and reporting training to staff as needed.
- Help ensure data integrity by conducting database user audits, identifying roots of errors, and providing staff training opportunities.
- Research various program database solutions and work in collaboration with program, IT, and finance staff to implement new system.
- Serve as administrator for program database. Provide necessary training to staff, and write and maintain standard operating procedures as required.
- Maintain records of database set-up and any reporting requirements. Conduct periodic evaluations to re-assess and re-evaluate internal reporting practices.
- Ensure participation in and collection of data for national or statewide studies.
- Provide consultation to staff on data management, and data analysis and interpretation.
- Produce various periodic reports, graphs, and charts to demonstrate impact on community investments tailored for internal and external audiences.
- Research and prepare written reports via literature reviews and research on evidence-based programs or best practices that align with EdLoC’s impact area goals and strategies.
- Assist with the development of EdLoC’s internal and external scorecards.
- Compile a variety of statistics and data from national, regional, or other public data sources to inform organizational strategy and decision-making
- Provide assistance in guiding EdLoC’s strategic plan, especially as it relates to grant-making practices.
Collaboration and Other Functions (10%)
- Acquire and maintain sound knowledge of EdLoC’s institutional history and programs and use that knowledge and understanding to: 1) better comprehend all projects and programs for which grants have been sought and awarded; and 2) better understand organizational and programmatic goals and the data points required to determine goal attainment.
- Assist with other department or organization-wide projects, as requested.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information.
- Attend internal and external meetings, as assigned.
Skills & Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in communications, business, marketing, or related areas preferred.
- 5+ years of professional experience working in philanthropy or operations, data-driven capacity.
- Enthusiastic about elevating leaders of color who have demonstrated a clear and consistent impact on Black and Latinx youth.
- Deadline-driven; works well in a fast-paced environment with firm deliverables.
- Skilled in program and project management/operations.
- Track record of achieving or exceeding goals within a professional environment.
- Comfort and an interest in working with and manipulating large data sets and databases.
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of customer service.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, flexible, and collaborative, with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and Power Point.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a strong work ethic.
The Grants Administrator and Data Analyst is a full-time remote position. Fully functioning home office required. Occasional travel.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary for this role falls between $60,000 and $90,000, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications.
- Monthly stipends to support remote engagement.
- Competitive health care benefits, including vision and dental.
- Immediate 401K match of 50% up to 10% of salary.
- Company-paid life insurance.
- Flexible time off with a minimum of three weeks of vacation, plus all federal holidays (11 days).
To apply for this job please visit edloc.smapply.io.