DOROT is a hybrid work environment where team members work part-time onsite and part time remotely. The Program Administrator will report to the headquarters located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan and should expect to be in the office three to five days a week.
Founded in 1976, DOROT (“generations” in Hebrew) facilitates a dynamic partnership between older adults, volunteers, and professionals to address the challenges of an aging population. DOROT is dedicated to enhancing the lives of older adults to help them live more independently and as valued community members. Compassionate care and a commitment to excellence are hallmarks of DOROT’s programs and staff. The agency is a recognized innovative leader in mobilizing volunteers and community and supportive services. Comprehensive programs – conducted onsite, in the home, remotely, and in the community – combat loneliness and social isolation.
DOROT’s diverse clients range in age from 60 to over 100 and vary in physical mobility and economic status. DOROT serves the Jewish and wider community, offering a lifeline of support to older adults in its catchment area (the Upper West Side from 59th to 125th Streets, East Side from 14th to 96th Streets, and Westchester County). DOROT engages more than 6000 volunteers a year in meaningful and impactful programming that improves the lives and health of nearly 5,000 older adults. Bringing the generations together results in a mutually beneficial partnership that delivers much needed services ranging from enrichment to addressing critical daily needs.
ABOUT THE ONSITE & SPECIAL PROGRAMS (OSP) DEPARTMENT
DOROT’s Onsite & Special Programs department provides diverse, impactful programs for our community of over 3,000 older adults. An average of 25-30 programs are offered virtually each week on Zoom. Beginning summer 2022, OSP will reintroduce programs at DOROT’s main office on the Upper West Side of Manhattan while maintaining a broad array of virtual offerings. Classes, workshops, and large audience presentations are designed for adults age 60+ to encourage health and wellness, offer global perspectives, provide opportunities for dynamic learning and enrichment, and create life-enhancing social connections.
This Program Administrator carries out administrative, customer service, outreach and communication activities that support the development, delivery, and operational excellence of all our programs. These include: fitness and wellness classes, creative arts workshops, concerts, films, talks, legacy programs, advance care planning workshops, and other presentations that provide meaningful engagement opportunities for our aging adult constituents. The ideal candidate is a roll-up-your-sleeves team player with an affinity for working with older adults. They possess good judgment, strong organizational skills, expertise in customer service and client engagement, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Program Administrator is responsible for the following in addition to any other projects as assigned:
- Participate in the planning, development, and implementation of programs.
- Use excellent customer service and strong verbal and written communication skills to engage with internal and external constituents on a wide range of matters and in a variety of formats, including the OSP voicemail and email accounts; communicate clearly and positively verbally and in writing with client participants, volunteers, the general public and other DOROT staff.
- Develop, and improve administrative systems and procedures for new and evolving programs
- Manage program calendar, including inputting and updating event information on DOROT’s internal program calendar and external RSVP platforms (Zoom and Eventbrite).
- Serve as host at both virtual and onsite programs: welcome constituents, introduce speakers, facilitate discussions as needed, and troubleshoot tech questions.
- Prepare handouts, slide presentations, resource guides and other materials for both virtual and onsite programs.
- Collect, track, and maintain participation data and related client interactions using DOROT’s online database (Salesforce) and departmental tracking documents.
ATTRIBUTES & EXPERIENCES
- Customer service skills, including warm, enthusiastic attitude when interacting with DOROT constituents
- Excellent public speaking, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills and superior attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, work independently, and integrate new learning
- Experience working with older adults, volunteers, or non-profit organizations a plus
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 1-2 years of related experience
- Proficient in use of MS Office Suite, especially Word and Excel; experience with Salesforce and/or MailChimp a plus
- Availability to work occasional evening and weekend hours, including up to ten Sundays per year for events
WHY WORK WITH US
At DOROT, we believe that the power of connection can be transformative. Working with us means that you will have:
- Flexibility in your working schedule. DOROT supports a hybrid work environment as well as offers just over 1 months’ time each year to spend however you like, thanks to a generous PTO policy.
- Access to health care. Whether it be medical, vision, dental, disability or life insurance, we’ve got you covered and offer a bevy of benefits to ensure that you and your family are taken care of.
- Support to plan for your future. We offer a 403(b) contribution of 3% after your first two years with us with the opportunity for increasing contributions as you stay with us over time.
- Experience professional growth. DOROT is financially strong and in growth mode; we are an organization where you can make a difference.
Please submit a cover letter and resume with your application.
DOROT, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer providing for employment or advancement without discrimination because of race, color, religion creed, political association, ancestry, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence or stalking victim status, national origin, citizenship, age, veteran status, pregnancy, handicap disability, genetic, genetic characteristics, or other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit dorot.bamboohr.com.