Website Center for Independence of the Disabled in New York
Position: HR Lead
The Center for Independence of the Disabled in New York (CIDNY) is a leading organization serving and representing people with all disabilities in New York City. CIDNY’s mission is the removal of barriers to full integration of people with disabilities. CIDNY helps people with disabilities to gain the skills and obtain the services they need to live independently in the community and advocates for fair and effective policies that improve the quality of life for people with disabilities. The majority of CIDNY’s staff are people with disabilities who are dedicated to improving the lives of people with disabilities. CIDNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Monitor changes in employment law, participate in development and implement of any amendments to HR policies and procedures with emphasis on compliance with applicable laws including the Americans with Disabilities Act;
- Devise and execute a strategy for job postings, screenings, interviews and selection processes with a focus on recruitment of a knowledgeable and skilled workforce of people with disabilities, people who are Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Asian American, and LGBTQ;
- Identify employee education priorities, educate new employees and provide ongoing education of employees as required;
- Develop employee recognition and development strategies and manage employee relations;
- Manage complaint process, perform required investigations, disciplinary actions, performance management and terminations;
- Ensure appropriate record management;
- Collaborate with directors to develop job descriptions, educate and evaluate staff;
- Contribute information, analysis and recommendations on employee relations to strategic planning and CIDNY’s human resources objectives;
- Supervise one employee.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Training:
Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of 4 plus years of progressive HR experience.
- Commitment to disability rights, equity, diversity and inclusion. Experience working in a culturally diverse setting helpful;
- Familiar with local, state, and federal employment law and regulations;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with diverse staff;
- Experience in identifying HR issues and resolving them in a timely manner;
- Excellent computer skills, including Google Suite, payroll platforms, Microsoft programs, and ability to learn new applications and database systems.
- 5+ years of ADA experience required.
Temporarily remote due to COVID-19 but will need the ability to travel in New York City when offices open.
Computer/Laptop, Phone, Printer/Copier
The HR-Lead will spend the majority of their work time in CIDNY’S New York, NY office.
We conform to all laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
Number of Employees Directly Supervised:
How to apply:
Please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to Sophia Stewart, Director of Administration, at email@example.com. Do not send by fax. Please use the job title as the email header. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org