American Corporate Partners is looking for an Operations Associate to join our rapidly growing team of enthusiastic employees working to support post-9/11 veterans and military spouses as they transition from military life to civilian careers. There’s no other organization quite like ACP – we have a unique mission, an entrepreneurial spirit and a personalized approach to our services. ACP employees make a true difference in the lives of those they work with!
American Corporate Partners (ACP), www.acp-usa.org, is a non-profit organization founded in 2008 dedicated to helping returning veterans and military spouses find their next careers in the civilian workforce. ACP has two distinct professional development programs for veterans: a nationwide Mentoring Program and an online community of professionals offering free career advice to veterans, ACP AdvisorNet. ACP also offers a new, nationwide mentoring program for active duty military spouses.
ACP is a rapidly growing organization. We are currently providing mentorships to more than 3,000 service members across the country and more than 16,000 veterans have completed their ACP mentorships. As ACP continues to expand, we seek to hire a detail-oriented, positive and hard-working individual to join our team of about 40 staff in New York City.
The Operations Associate position involves:
- Creating and supporting mentoring relationships
- Troubleshooting communication and scheduling issues that may arise in mentorships
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with fellow veteran service organizations, universities and corporate partners
- Providing research, writing, and program development support to make our services more efficient and effective
The ideal candidate will be excited to take on evolving responsibilities as ACP continues to grow
Primary Responsibilities (approx. 75%):
- On-boarding Mentor and Protégé applicants, including reviewing applications and conducting short phone interviews
- Hand-selecting Mentors for post-9/11 veterans based on their career interests, personalities, locations, etc.
- Managing a caseload of mentorships and providing facilitation and high-touch support to mentoring relationships between Fortune 500 leaders and transitioning veterans
- Troubleshooting difficult relationships, providing resources, training and guidance as needed
- Keeping veterans and spouses well-informed of professional opportunities in their local area or fields of interest
- Monitoring new postings on ACP-AdvisorNet.org, ACP’s online community
Secondary Responsibilities (approx. 25%)
- Proactively suggesting and implementing ideas for improving ACP’s programs
- Working on additional project teams, such as social media, fund development, corporate relations, veteran outreach, website design, process improvement, etc.
- Dedication to ACP’s mission and a desire to assist post-9/11 service members and active duty spouses with their career development
- Commitment to non-profit work
- Bachelor’s Degree with a GPA of 3.5 or at least three years of relevant work experience
- Ability to work well independently and in teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexibility to evolving responsibilities
- Positive attitude and sense of humor
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- $45,000/year salary
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Healthcare, vision and dental benefits
Interviews will be conducted in person in NYC.
ACP is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Veterans and military spouses are strongly encouraged to apply.
Visit our Careers page to learn more about what it’s like to work here.
To apply, submit an application via email (resume and tailored cover letter) to Genevieve King at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must include a resume and cover letter or they will not be considered.
Please, no phone calls!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com