This internship opportunity falls under the position of Research Associate in which the incumbent reports to Zachary Hadley, ACSIA Co-founder & Strategic Officer.
The intern will be assigned to enable ACSIA research development and projects, and to also enable stewarding other activities that are associated with furthering the acquisition, analysis and dissemination of knowledge to ACSIA research teams in accordance to ACSIA internal policies.
ACSIA internship offers a unique opportunity to develop academic quantitative and qualitative research skills, technical knowledge, problem-solving abilities, positive workplace teamwork, stakeholder engagement, project planning, and intercultural competency.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide research and writing support to ACSIA research projects, including compiling and analyzing data; creating report exhibits and presentations; and drafting and editing publications and written materials. Data analysis includes using R, Python, and Microsoft Office Excel to produce tables, charts and graphs, in consultation with ACSIA research teams
- Draft and/or assist with revisions to issue/data briefs, professional journal articles, and other communications materials, providing background literature review, analyzing reports and other related research deliverables
- Assist developing a master dashboard of ACSIA research projects, plans and engagement plans (30-, 60-, and 90-day outlook) in consultation with ACSIA team
- Develop an After-Action Report at the conclusion of the Spring 2021 semester capturing lessons-learned for key ACSIA stakeholders and partners
Skills and Competencies:
- Teamwork: ability to work collaborative across different teams and/or stakeholders to document, problem solve, revise and/or carry out empirical data collection in consultation with the respective ACSIA Research Leader to ensure technical and methodological issues are addressed, arising during the course of the research or the lifecycle of the project
- Organizational skills: sound organizational and data management skills with the ability to handle several responsibilities and task assignment that include developing summary analysis •
- Communication skills: writing compelling and effectively with the ability to contribute to presentations, grant proposals and manuscripts
Internship Virtual Requirements and Time Commitment:
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 restrictions and preventive measures, this internship will be conducted through virtual meetings via Zoom. This internship is unpaid, and if the applicant is applying for an internship without credit, the intern will work with ACSIA Internship Advisor to determine the appropriate time commitments.
ACSIA Internship Advisor will work with the intern to ensure any necessary requirement by his/her university is met. ACSIA Internship Advisor will always be available via email and Zoom to discuss any concerns or issue, and to also provide oversight and guidance throughout the internship period.
We look for a candidate who is willing to learn new concepts, research methods, technology, software, and work routines with strong support and mentorship from the ACSIA team. We value dedicated team players who is able to handle and protect confidential and sensitive data with integrity.
If you are interested in applying for this internship, please email your resume/cv to Megen Hlavacek via email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org