Officer and Global Action Program Leader.
This internship opportunity falls under the position of Global Action Program Assistant in which the incumbent reports to Gabrielle Childs, ACSIA Co-founder & Global Action Officer.
The intern will be assigned to enable ACSIA Global Action program projects, assist with grant writing and grant proposal development with NGO partners, and develop and maintain NGO sector databases for Paris and New York City.
ACSIA internships offer a unique opportunity to develop quantitative and qualitative research methods, technical knowledge, problem-solving skills, positive workplace teamwork, stakeholder engagement, project planning, and intercultural competency.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To Develop a database of Paris and New York City funding sources. Manage Paris NGO database and assist in development of NYC NGO database using novel data sources from Facebook CrowdTangle, Instagram, and Twitter
- Provide research and develop database on grant funding sources for small to medium startup NGOs in various sectors of civil society
- Create report on available grant funding sources to be presented to ASCIA and AGS faculty consultants
Data analysis includes using Excel spreadsheets and other statistical software, produce tables, charts and graphs, in consultation with ACSIA research teams
- Assist in Council of Europe Youth Activity grant proposal consultation, development and submission for one NGO
- Coordinate schedules and maintain calendars; set up and arrange for meetings with NGO to discuss proposals
- Develop an After-Action Report at the conclusion of the Spring Semester capturing lessons-learned for key ACSIA stakeholders, including AGS and other partners
Skills and Competencies:
- Teamwork: ability to work collaborative across different teams and/or stakeholders to document, problem solve, revise and/or carry out data collection in consultation with the ACSIA Global Action Leader
- Organizational skills: sound organizational and data management skills with the ability to handle several responsibilities and task assignment that include developing summary analysis
- Communication skills: writing compelling and effectively with the ability to contribute to presentations, grant proposals and manuscripts.
Internship Virtual Requirements and Time Commitments:
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 restrictions and preventive measures, this internship will be conducted through virtual meetings via Zoom. This internship is unpaid, and if the applicant is applying for an internship without credit, the intern will work with ACSIA Internship Advisor to determine the appropriate time commitments against the tasks and research targets. If the internship is for course credit, the applicant is responsible to meet his/her university’s registration requirements including time commitment. ACSIA Internship Advisor will work with the intern to ensure any necessary requirement by his/her university is met. ACSIA Internship Advisor will always be available via email and Zoom to discuss any concerns or issue, and to also provide oversight and guidance throughout the internship period.
We look for a candidate who is willing to learn new concepts, research methods, technology, software, and work routines with strong support and mentorship from the ACSIA team. We value dedicated team players who is able to handle and protect confidential and sensitive data with integrity.
If interested in applying for this internship, please email your resume/CV to Megen Hlavacek: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org