WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue builds and maintains a powerful online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors by making it easier for grassroots supporters to make their voices heard and by helping thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build people-powered movements.
We’re a nonprofit organization, and our team has a big impact on the future of our country. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission. We’re excited to grow this team and get ready to take on even bigger challenges as we look toward 2020 and beyond.
The Outreach Team is the primary point of contact and welcome wagon for all new campaigns and organizations that use ActBlue. We engage groups and train them to use ActBlue’s tools for grassroots fundraising. Nonprofits both big and small, national and local, are able to take advantage of our entire set of cutting-edge fundraising tools. We’re excited to bring our innovative platform to a whole new set of charitable organizations: There are nonprofits doing crucial work right now, and we can’t wait to help them strengthen their grassroots fundraising and power their good work.
We’re looking for someone with nonprofit experience who is interested in digital fundraising and online organizing. The Nonprofit Outreach Assistant will work to research nonprofits in different issue areas, identify key decision makers, maintain our visibility within the nonprofit space, and closely support the rest of the Nonprofit Outreach Team as we teach organizations about our fundraising platform and make sure that they are getting the most out of our tools.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and research new nonprofit leads.
- Identify decision makers in nonprofits.
- Research and organize our knowledge of nonprofits, related vendors, and their digital capacity.
- Assist team members in maintaining nonprofit relationships.
- Assist in maintaining the team CRM.
- Travel to events and conferences once or twice per quarter to represent ActBlue and the Nonprofit Outreach Team in person.
- A networker: We are looking for team members who are outgoing and enthusiastic about outreach and building great relationships.
- Comfortable going solo: While you’ll be working in a larger team, most of your day-to-day work will be independently driven and managed.
- Highly detailed: You proofread, reread, and triple-check your work. You understand that details play a key role in setting a project up for success.
- Flexible: You’re adaptable and able to handle a wide range of projects as well as work with a wide variety of clients.
- A troubleshooter: Creativity, patience, and a helpful attitude are crucial when working with nonprofits in order to make sure our tools are benefiting them as much as possible.
- Mission-driven: Our online fundraising technology makes it easy for more supporters to make their voices heard and participate in change every day. We need people who are passionate about furthering this work and providing the best service to every organization that we work with.
- Comfortable with travel: You don’t mind traveling once or twice a quarter.
- Bonus points: Someone who is comfortable collecting, organizing, and tidying CRMs.
LOCATION & COMPENSATION:
ActBlue’s office is located in Davis Square in Somerville, MA, just a few blocks from Boston’s MBTA Red Line train. This posting is for a full-time, in-office, salaried position. We offer a competitive salary and a generous compensation package, which includes commuter benefits; fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance; an employer-sponsored 401k contribution plan; and a flexible time off policy.
ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
ActBlue cannot at this time sponsor work visas.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.