THE GUN VIOLENCE PREVENTION EDUCATION CENTER ILLINOIS COUNCIL AGAINST HANDGUN VIOLENCE
Title: Organizing and Program Director (full time)
Supervised by: Executive Director
ORGANIZATIONAL SUMMARY: The Gun Violence Prevention Education Center/ Illinois Council
Against Handgun Violence (GPEC-ICHV) is a nonprofit focused on reducing gun violence in Illinois through education, research, organizing, and enforcement around public policy. The Illinois Gun Violence Prevention Coalition is the organizing and engagement arm of GPEC-ICHV and is staffed by the Organizing and Program Director.
JOB DESCRIPTION: GPEC-ICHV seeks an experienced organizing professional to manage the
Illinois Gun Violence Prevention Coalition and conduct outreach and engagement programming. This will consist of engaging with organizations, partners, grasstops leaders, grassroots, and survivors across Illinois. This position is full time.
– Launch rebranded and newly structured Coalition based on provided research and framework
– Manage the Coalition membership, communications, social media, and overall direction
– Work with aligned organizations to build partnerships
– Use digital platforms to engage coalition members
– Grow diverse membership across Illinois, focusing on suburban and downstate regions
– Engage volunteers and the public about organizational priorities
Minimum of 5 years organizing and/or legislative campaign experience.
– At least one campaign cycle of digital organizing experience
– Experience identifying and developing grassroots leadership in campaigns, and/or experience in running legislative campaigns.
– Strong coalition building, management, and coordination abilities
– Strong organizational, leadership, and problem-solving skills
– Excellent verbal communication and writing skills. Ability to communicate effectively with staff and community leaders.
– Demonstrated ability to lead direct actions and events
– Excellent team player, able to meet deadlines and work independently, innovative, creative, mature thinking and reasoning
– Excellent self-management skills, with the ability to work independently as needed.
– G-Suite familiarity (Google drive, Docx)
– Maintain a flexible working schedule, with the ability to work evenings, weekends, or over holidays as needed.
– An energetic commitment to social justice and working within an anti-oppression framework
– GPEC-ICHV is an equal opportunity employer. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
– Dental insurance
– Flexible schedule
– Health insurance
– Paid time off
– Vision insurance
Monday to Friday
This position is remote until the end of COVID-19.
Organizing: 5 years (Required)
Digital Organizing: 2 years (Required)
Company’s Facebook page:
The waiting period may apply
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.