Website Resources for the Future
Nonprofit, Think Tank, Development, Gift Processing, Data Entry
Resources for the Future (RFF) is an independent, nonprofit research institution in Washington, DC. Our mission is to improve environmental, energy, and natural resource decisions through impartial economic research and policy engagement. We are seeking a Development Coordinator to provide support and coordination to help build, shape, grow and meet year over year giving goals for Resources for the Future.
Reporting to the Manager of Development Operations and Data, and working closely with the Vice President for Development and Institutional Strategy, the Development Coordinator is charged with supporting RFF’s Development Department through a variety of ongoing projects and ad hoc assignments, with a primary focus on data entry, gift processing, and administrative support.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports multiple operational areas of the Development Department, including gift processing, donor acknowledgments, financial reporting, and administrative tasks.
- Working with the Manager, plays a lead role in data entry and maintenance of RFF’s donor database, Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and NXT.
- Accurately enters and maintains constituent records.
- Administers timely and accurate gift processes, including acknowledgments and reporting based on established policies; process all gifts received via mail, credit card, online EFT and securities transfer; generate pledge payment reminders and reports.
- Works with the Manager to reconcile revenue with Finance team and provide support for audit process.
- Produces mailing lists, queries, and other reports, and for both internal and external uses.
- Manages development prospect/donor mail lists in MailChimp and works with communications staff to ensure that marketing products are delivered to the correct mail lists.
- Assists the Manager in executing processes to configure data imports and exports to facilitate integration with other organizational platforms such as MailChimp and Dynamics 365.
- Assists with mailings and other administrative tasks, as needed.
Special Education/Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with two years of experience in development, membership, or database support in a non-profit and/or academic institution preferred.
- Data entry experience using a relational database/CRM in a philanthropic or non-profit environment required (Raiser’s Edge, NXT, and/or Microsoft Dynamics 365 preferred).
- Strong background in donor record maintenance and gift processing, with experience training and supporting database users preferred.
- Prior experience with data clean-up, financial reconciliations, and donor acknowledgements.
Special Knowledge/Skills Requirements
- Must be friendly, flexible, communicative, and have a sense of humor.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook and mail-merge.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities while meeting tight deadlines.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, ability to change course quickly based on new insights.
- Ability to work well in teams, with strong collaboration and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Eager to learn, looks for ways to improve processes or procedures for improved efficiency and impact.
- A love of spreadsheets, a passion for data, and a laser-focused attention to detail.
Work Conditions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet. The work environment is indoors. The position does not require travel.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and current resume via www.rff.org/about/careers. We will only contact references for candidates who are finalists.
Due to the anticipated volume of interest, we are unable to respond to telephone or email inquiries regarding this position. RFF is an equal opportunity employer. People are RFF’s greatest asset, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We value the unique contributions of each member of our community and foster an environment that empowers everyone at RFF to thrive. Applicants of all kinds, who represent diversity that includes but is not limited to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, color, socioeconomic status, gender, physical ability, cognitive diversity, religion, sexual orientation, political affiliation, and personal background, are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor a work-related visa for this position.
Important Notices: This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a team member in this position may be asked to perform. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or delegated by management to meet the business needs of the property.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.